SSRS Report Language

Happy Friday!

Is there a way in Epicor to dynamically change SSRS report language (like a sales order ack)? Is a new RDD/report style needed for every language?

Hi Jeff,
There may be other ways, but we had to purchase country specific functionality (CSF) for this. Once the language pack was installed we could then change the language of the individual customers.
The reports then print with the new language. I hope that helps.

1 Like

Paul is correct. It sure would be nice to have the ability to choose a language at print time so you can print one for the customer/supplier in their language and then one in the local language. It would be quite easy since the language code is passed into the print job. Epicor would just have to add it to the Print Form but default to the customer/supplier setting.

Mark W.

Just spit-balling …

Maybe you can update the RDD to include the customers language (add a custom field for it, if its only available with “CSF”).

Then you could have a single (but very complicated) style. All the labels would become expressions like:

=iif(lang_c == "ES", "NĂşmero de factura",
   iif(lang_c == "FR", "Numéro de facture",
   iif(lang_c == "IT", "Numero di fattura",
   iif(lang_c == "CAN", "Invoice Num, eh", 
    "Invoice Number")))

edit:
number and date fields would need to be expressions for regional/language formats
(1,234.56 vs 1.234,56, Nov 24, 200 vs 24-Nov-2000, etc …)

3 Likes

We have reports which dynamically change language in the way Calvin mentioned. It can be a bit of a pain to setup, but it’s not really hard.

Hello Mark,
I know this discussion is old, but since you commented that the language code is passed to the print job I got interested. I have code in a BPM to generate the reports, yet the language is an issue. I’ve looked the report parameters and although I can see date format, currency, and culture parameters I can also see that those parameters are never changed within a trace so it seems none of those are the correct ones.
Do you know where the language code is? We also have CSF, so I am looking for the best option to make use of that functionality so the whole culture changes (date format, labels language, etc)

German I.