Solution Manager

Search Solution Workbench Tracking for the tracking…

1 Like

One caveat is that it records EVERYTHING! If you open a search screen baq do anything else (like a macro)
So sometimes the recordings can be noisy.
Also if you invoke a BO without the adapter IE a BAQ Using the BO it won’t record.

3 Likes

For me, the Search for Element dialog could use some work. It doesn’t bring back some columns that would be of interest to me. Such as knowing the owning Company or if it is System element on like the BAQ element search. Or knowing the Company on a Customization element search. Yes, you could figure it out if you named them well enough but you can’t sort and select very well.

I found that the BO that is being used is also passing the columns to return to the datagrid so I ended up adding a Pre-Processing BPM to add the columns I needed. I really don’t need/want any System elements to come back as results at all.

Understood.

Being simple means specializing per entity of interest (BAQ, Dashboard, etc).
Being holistic means least common denominator and poor UX.

The impact on level of effort is obviously more varied on the first, isolated on the second.

Having seen the discussions on both sides, we almost need to ‘wizard mode’ for the top 3 or 5 scenarios and leave the existing data for ‘advanced mode’. I know some DBAs have wanted to see EXACTLY what was changing so liked the details.

Thank you all for the discussion…

2 Likes