Setting up MRP on a schedule

epicor version 9.05.701

I was asked to MRP back on a schedule…i thought it should be as simple as ticking the “enabled” box, but nothing happened…i then noticed there wasn’t any task details behind it…is this the problem and if so, what should be entered here?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

I went to system agent and created a new schedule called MRP UK 2.
Added a next run date of tomorrow with time of 2am.
Set it daily from Monday to Friday and ensured the enabled tickbox was ticked.
Went to the Process MRP function and the schedule was there at the bottom in the dropdown box…i selected it and changed the settings to the below screenshot.
Clicked actions / save defaults
Clicked tools / save layouts.
Clicked process
Then “process submitted” appeared at the bottom of the screen.
Went back to the system agent and realised that now a task has been generated behind the new schedule.

Hopefully this will have solved it,…

Hi Mark,

I think that’ll do it for you. I noticed you do not have Dynamic checked on Schedule start date. We have found this useful so that the MRP isn’t always showing SS due dates in the past where there are immediate needs for part. See this post from before for what that looks like to user:

nancy

I agree with Nancy it is best to Set the start date to Dynamic so you don’t get any past dates.

Thanks Kimberley and Nancy,
This is our TEST db so i’ll ensure it is ticked when done in LIVE.

The schedule seems to be flaky and not consistently running.
Is there anything i could have missed when setting this up?

Thanks.

Mark - Not sure if it also affects E9, but E10.0.700.4 has a bug where daily schedules don’t always run correctly. Work around was to set up a weekly schedule for each day you need it to run.

thank you, i’ll give it a try

it was going ok…then it stopped again…

could it have something to do with the log files created?..do they need to be deleted regular perhaps?

The log may give you an idea of any issues. If not, you might want to try a logging level other than basic.

We discovered when we started using MRP that some errors stop the process. If you get 2 of those errors, then both your processes stop and MRP crashes. I have since been checking the logs every day. If the last line of the log doesn’t have the statistics, (new jobs, deleted jobs, etc,) it means it crashed and the error is usually on the part it was showing as running where the log stops. Recently we have not had any of those errors, but I do a search for the word error, and find some parts that didn’t run correctly because of master data errors. Most of the time it’s pretty easy to figure out from the log. I would recommend doing this to catch the errors before the users do. :slight_smile: