We’ve been playing around with Capabilities recently. During our testing, we noticed some odd behavior and was hoping somebody could clarify why the system is behaving like it is…
- Created a job with three Operations that are “Finish-to-Start”. Each Operation ONLY has a defined Capability as the Scheduling Resource - No direct Resource or Resource Group links defined.
- Within that Capability record we have included 3 Resources.
- Of those 3 Resources, we have defined Scheduling Priority Codes to use as tiebreakers.
- During our testing, we scheduled the job during a quiet gap in the schedule. No other impacts are anywhere near this job. We simply created the job manually and scheduled it from the Actions menu. No Global Scheduling involved.
- Once we scheduled the job, we checked the “Scheduled” Resources per Operation and they are all different Resources.
- Our thinking is that “if there are no other scheduled Operations near this job, why wouldn’t the system assign each of these Operations to the Resource with available capacity as well as having the highest Scheduling Priority within that Capability?”
Any/all information will be appreciated.