Report Preview - Database Login

We were told to run conversion program 130 to reinitialize the standard reports.  We have not ran it yet to see if this resolves the issue.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I have seen unusual behavior in standard reports - based on user IDs.

... in addition to ODBC and custom styles previously mentioned.

I've never been able to tack to anything specific, only that it appears as if the User account is partially corrupt.

You could try clearing the users local cache if you haven't already.

But, if this error is following a user around when they try the report on different workstations....

You may want to assign a new user ID to them.

If you do happen to find out what was causing this please let the rest of us know.

Thanks

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <don.n.doan@...> wrote:

The only time i've ever seen that is when I created/modified a crystal report to use an odbc connection.  This report is un-modified?

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <cchang@...> wrote:

This is a standard Epicor report that hasn’t had issues in the past.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terry M. Hall
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:03 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Report Preview - Database Login

The problem may be crystal. Check the database links in crystal and make sure you check the outer joins.

[Users:PUBLIC:Advertising:LOGO TYPES:VECTOR LOGO ADS.ai]

Terrance Hall | Techincal Support Supervisor

Thall@...<mailto:jboll@...> | [P] 563.583.7311, Ext. 5247 [F] 800.832.9296
More than a brand. We’re a family.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cchang@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:49 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Report Preview - Database Login

When a user tries to do a report preview for the Count Variance Report, the user is prompted for a Database Login to enter their Login ID and password. The user did change their Windows Login password recently and this is the only report it is prompting the user. It is also happening with a different user account on our Test environment. What could be causing this?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

When a user tries to do a report preview for the Count Variance Report, the user is prompted for a Database Login to enter their Login ID and password.  The user did change their Windows Login password recently and this is the only report it is prompting the user.  It is also happening with a different user account on our Test environment.  What could be causing this?

The problem may be crystal. Check the database links in crystal and make sure you check the outer joins.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cchang@...

When a user tries to do a report preview for the Count Variance Report, the user is prompted for a Database Login to enter their Login ID and password. The user did change their Windows Login password recently and this is the only report it is prompting the user. It is also happening with a different user account on our Test environment. What could be causing this?

The only time i've ever seen that is when I created/modified a crystal report to use an odbc connection.  This report is un-modified?

Yes, this is an un-modified report within the Cycle Count Maintenance screen.  It is the Count Variance Calculation/Report.  We are running SQL. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

This is a standard Epicor report that hasn’t had issues in the past.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Terry M. Hall
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:03 PM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Report Preview - Database Login

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

I have seen unusual behavior in standard reports - based on user IDs.

... in addition to ODBC and custom styles previously mentioned.

I've never been able to tack to anything specific, only that it appears as if the User account is partially corrupt.

You could try clearing the users local cache if you haven't already.

But, if this error is following a user around when they try the report on different workstations....

You may want to assign a new user ID to them.

If you do happen to find out what was causing this please let the rest of us know.

Thanks

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <don.n.doan@...> wrote: