Report Calculated Fields

Its my understanding that you have to own SDK to see the calc fields.

www.practicaltek.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tom.sederquist@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 6:05 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] RE: Report Calculated Fields

Is there any way to view the formula for the calculated field without the developer program?  I would like to know which fields are being brought into the formula so that I can determine where the data is being pulled from.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <cathy@...> wrote:

What is the name of the field you are trying to change?     If it is a calculated report field (like Calc_PartDescription) you can’t change it in the Report Data Definition without some developer program.

Find the database field that you need and replace the report calculated field on the report.  It might be excluded from the table – so you  might have to add it Report Table > Excluded Fields.

I not sure if you will need a formula.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of smyers@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:19 AM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Report Calculated Fields

Thanks for your suggestion, but this does not solve my problem.  The report is not a BAQ report, but a duplicate of a standard report data definition (BOMListing), with just a few tweaks compared to the standard report.

Thanks,

Steven

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <pjw@...> wrote:

If it’s from a BAQ make sure it’s also formatted for more than 30 characters.

Patrick Winter

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of smyers@...
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 04:44
Subject: [Vantage] Report Calculated Fields

Does anyone know how to see changes made to a report calculated field actually in effect on a crystal report? 

I have changed the format of a character field from x30 to x500 but it still shows x30 in the report.  This is for a description field which must be shown in full.

Epicor 9.05.702

Thanks,

Steven

Does anyone know how to see changes made to a report calculated field actually in effect on a crystal report? 

I have changed the format of a character field from x30 to x500 but it still shows x30 in the report.  This is for a description field which must be shown in full.

Epicor 9.05.702

Thanks,

Steven

Thanks for your suggestion, but this does not solve my problem.  The report is not a BAQ report, but a duplicate of a standard report data definition (BOMListing), with just a few tweaks compared to the standard report.

Thanks,

Steven

Have you tried opening the XML file in a test viewer and looking at the raw values?

My guess is that the RDD does not include that many characters.

If so, I don't think you'll be out of luck.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <smyers@...> wrote:

Thanks,

Steven

What is the name of the field you are trying to change?    If it is a calculated report field (like Calc_PartDescription) you can’t change it in the Report Data Definition without some developer program.

Find the database field that you need and replace the report calculated field on the report. It might be excluded from the table – so you might have to add it Report Table > Excluded Fields.

Thanks,

Steven

Patrick Winter

Epicor 9.05.702

Thanks,

Steven

Is there any way to view the formula for the calculated field without the developer program?  I would like to know which fields are being brought into the formula so that I can determine where the data is being pulled from.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <cathy@...> wrote:

What is the name of the field you are trying to change?     If it is a calculated report field (like Calc_PartDescription) you can’t change it in the Report Data Definition without some developer program.

Find the database field that you need and replace the report calculated field on the report.  It might be excluded from the table – so you  might have to add it Report Table > Excluded Fields.

Thanks,

Steven

Patrick Winter

Epicor 9.05.702

Thanks,

Steven