Releasing a line item to a job from Sales Order screen

customization

(John Valescu) #1

Greetings,

Here is my desired goal:

1.  Add button to Sales Order (Lines Detail tab) called 'Release To Job'
2.  When user clicks the button it executes a BPM (or something) to go ahead and release the line item to a job.
  1. Display a message on success/fail.

So far, I’ve added the button and hooked the click event. Since this is not tied to any specific form function, I am guessing I have to add the code to call a JobManager.CreateJob has to be done using the form script editor inside the button’s click event. Trying to find some direction to do this. I think I have all the BO names via the Trace Log. Does someone have a template? That would be super cool.

Have a great day!

(John Kane) #2

I’m a big fan of not recreating the wheel. Why not use the Order Job Wizard?

(Craig R) #3

i was thinking the same thing. there is already a button in the order job wizard. it does what you are trying to achieve.

(John Valescu) #4

That’s a great question and I’ll find the answer to that in a few hours. For arguments sake, could you call the Order Job Wizard from a custom button and/or, by pass the wizard interface and just pass the data through transparently. Is that unclear enough? :slight_smile:

(John Kane) #5

I’m sure you could, but I don’t know how offhand.

If you are looking to automate the job creation process, why not just let MRP create the job overnight?

(John Valescu) #6

The Order Job Wizard is ghosted out on my menu. And I do have admin access since I develop. I’m assuming this is how the customer wanted it created. Guess I’ll have to try and turn it on to see what it does.

(Craig R) #7

Make sure the part in question has a method of manufacturing and the demand on the sales order is to make it. Check the release.

(John Valescu) #8

Its not ghosted. But we want to set the “Make Direct” box and then call OrderJobWiz.CreateJob and get a message back if successful. I’m assuming I will have to call this from the Click event of the form control. Syntax and scoping is different, so I’m trying to find an example shell.

Have a great day!

(Daryl Hewison) #9

We have done something related, calling the OrderJobWizard functionality from within a BPM to create jobs once the entire order is released, so it must be possible to do the same thing within the form.

(John Valescu) #10

I was able to call the CreateOrders method using the code listed below. The question I have now: when the user hits that custom button, I want to force the ‘Make To Order’ flag on the Order Detail table, save it, then call the CreateJobWiz. Any ideas?

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
        OrderJobWizAdapter adapterOrderJobWiz = new OrderJobWizAdapter(this.oTrans);
		adapterOrderJobWiz.BOConnect();
         MessageBox.Show("Adapter declared and connected");
		// Declare and Initialize Variables
		// TODO: You may need to replace the default initialization with valid values as required for the BL method call.
		string pErrorMessages = String.Empty;

// Call Adapter method
		bool result = adapterOrderJobWiz.CreateJobs(out pErrorMessages);
         MessageBox.Show("After Call");
indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

(Daryl Hewison) #11

That’s actually the easy bit.

From memory, the “Make” field is on the OrderRel table. You can access it by grabbing the OrderRel EpiDataView (something like EpiDataView edvRel = (EpiDataView)oTrans.EpiDataViews[“OrderRel”]) and setting “Make” to true. Then oTrans.Update() saves the whole order.

You have to play around a bit with the variables you pass to the OrderJobWiz CreateJobs method, I seem to remember. But it works well once you have it sorted.