Quote module in E10

Is it mandatory in E10 to check a quote as a template to bring in the details when setting up a method? In the past in version 9 we did not have to set a quote as a template.

I am about 95% sure that the answer is no. Our sales people pull stuff in from past quotes as a starting place all the time.

Yes. Same if using a Job for a template too.

Mark W.

Carol, are you copying the method to a Job or another quote? I’ve only needed the template if copying the method to a Job.

1 Like

Marking it template makes it so that it can be used in a “Get Details” for things not directly related to that order.

If you made a Job to stock (with no link to any order), Quote MOM’s not marked as Template, are not available in the Job Entry’s Get Details searches

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay in getting back… Finally getting back to this. Our document control area sets up the method for a new customer part. The quote is created and if it is accepted by the customer and a new part is created our doc control dept goes in and sets up the new part number, then via the Engineering workbench will enter the part number and then normally would go into Actions > Get details from quote and they would pull into the workbench. However, get details from quote was grayed out and not available to pull in. So I went into the quote checked the box for Template and then Doc control went back into the engineering workbench and tried again to get the details and this time it was available to select and pull in the details from the quote. In the past in E9, our quote department never had to check the template box.

1 Like