Purchased Part being checked for Inspection

Is it MRP or PO suggestions that is being run?

What if you delete the PO that the suggestion created. And then ran MRP (or Gen PO Suggs) again. Does the new suggestion also set the Insp Req? - Trying to see if it’s truly random, or if something about that requirement is driving it.

Check the po receipt, ie wasn’t accidently ticked on receipt.

Its not happening at the receipt level.

@tse.dba -

I looked at the SuggPODtl in the Data Dictionary, and don’t see RcvInspectionReq field like PODetail has.

So I don’t think it is the is being set by the POSugg.Generate BO.

The help only seems to suggest that Insp Req is automatically set by by settings in Part Class and Supplier.

Does the same part always generate an Insp Req’s PO line? If so, does it still do it if a different supplier is selected?

Does it do it if another part of the same Part Class is processed throu PO Sugg’s?

EDIT:

One more thing… On the PO that is created, can you uncheck the Insp Rqe’d box, or is it disabled? If it is disabled, that indicates that it was set because the Supplier or Part Class says it’s required.

it appears every possible recommended condition/option has been accurately listed and checked
and yet nothing appears to be causing this field to engage.

i can add two not-so-apparent items
(1) a remote possibility, is there is a screen customization involved (PO entry/Receipts/mrp). Are you running base?
(2) and a real long shot, are you using the IQS (Advanced Quality Mgmt System) - maybe there is a flag there causing the field to engage.

No IQS.
The only customization is the users layout.

Make a data directive to monitor PODetail.RcvInspectionReq, and log various fields to see when it happens.

As a hack, If none of your purchased parts require inspection, make the DD an InTran one, and clear that field before it’s saved. If you do need to have it set on some, maybe you can detect when the PO is user created, or via PO Suggs, and act accordingly.

So, just setup a basic change log?

yes. Either capture all changes to any PO line, or log them only when the RcvInspectionReq field is set.

@tse.dba
Andrew,
Did you ever figure this out?
Here is the entities that automatically enable Inspection Required in PO Entry:

1. Part > Revisions > Inspection > Detail
  2. Part > Revisions > Inspection > Supplier
  3. Part Class
  4. Supplier
  5. Supplier Price List > Supplier Part > Manufacturer Part (If set, right click on open with 'Qualified Manufacturer Maintenance)
  6. Buy Direct Job Material
3 Likes

Check the Part Entry - Sites - List

There is a check box there.

I know this is old but just in case, if you enable trace and let me know which calls are made I can take a look at the code and offer suggestions.