Pulling files from a folder on server into Crystal Reports

Insert a default image on your report, and then using the properties on the image set the formula to refer to a field in your report.  The field in your report will contain the URL location of the image for that part number.  Use a character field on the part Master record.  The file location needs to be a URL that can be accessed by any user running the report.  The URL folder would contain all the images for your parts.

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I'm trying to link a folder filled with .jpg images on the server into an existing Crystal Report. Ultimately, the parameter asking for the PartNum would pull up the report as well as the image of that part. I'm not sure how to add this folder to the Crystal Report. I've been looking into adding it as either an embedded or linked OLE object, or somehow attach the folder as a hyper-link OLE object and create a formula on how Crystal will recognize what .jpg to grab.

What is the best way to go about this? Would I need to attach these to an embedded OLE Object?
I'm trying to link a folder filled with .jpg images on the server into an existing Crystal Report. Ultimately, the parameter asking for the PartNum would pull up the report as well as the image of that part. I'm not sure how to add this folder to the Crystal Report. I've been looking into adding it as either an embedded or linked OLE object, or somehow attach the folder as a hyper-link OLE object and create a formula on how Crystal will recognize what .jpg to grab.

What is the best way to go about this? Would I need to attach these to an embedded OLE Object?