Production Detail Report

baq

(Charles Dingas) #1

Has anyone been able to replicate the Production Detail Report into a BAQ to report as dashboard? I know it’s a stock report but have a end user that would like it in a useable format to pull into Excel.

(Bruce Ordway) #2

If you have access to EpicWeb you could try answerbook 6131MPS “Production Detail Report Notes”. It was added for V8 but should still apply to E10.

Rather than trying to duplicate a stock report with a BAQ report, I sometimes make a copy of a report style and reformat it for Excel. Unfortunately… this approach might also be “a project” in the case of the PDR.

(Charles Dingas) #3

I thought about redoing the report as well but no way I’m taking that on. I can see the tables but what I cannot figure out are if the are all necessary and which one should be my top-level query vs inner query. I am probably going to just to experiment and see which ways works.

(Bruce Ordway) #4

The answerbook 6131MPS “Production Detail Report Notes” will cover most of that if you can find a copy.

(Bruce Crile) #5

What specific information is the user looking to extract from the report? I have a dashboard comprised of several BAQs that mirrors the Production Detail we have used to breakdown a Job’s performance in the past.

(Charles Dingas) #6

The end user is looking for detail on the parts specifically based on part class. In an early post I had to produce a dashboard that summarized these parts. I just feel the detail in the production detail is what they are looking for and need to produce some excel pivots. I am speaking with them next week to define the exact details. I am interested in the dashboard you mentioned. It may provide the answer and details I need to supply our end user.

Thanks,

Charles

(Bruce Crile) #7

My dashboard is capable of summarizing the job materials by part class. If you can identify the specific information they would like to use, I can see if I have it currently or what would need to be modified to obtain it.

(Charles Dingas) #8

I’m speaking with her next week and find out exactly what she wants/needs. I appreciate your help.