Process MRP Error: "Process is already running, cannot start another process."

The form says it was last run last monday, and the system monitor doesn’t show any related activity. Is there something else that could cause this error?

In the system monitor check Actions - Display All task to see if it is running under another user. I think you have to be set as security manager to see all tasks.

Okay, I see something. The admin who worked here before me set up an MRP schedule which is set to next run tomorrow-- would that stop Process MRP from being run manually today?

Unless that process is still running, then no. A process scheduled to run the next day will not stop you from manually running it now.

Is this in your Live system? What tasks are showing as ACTIVE?

Ken

Yes, this is in Live. The only tasks in Active tasks are three attempts by a user to print a report that doesn’t work and isn’t used, which doesn’t appear related to this.

Have you already stopped/restarted the TaskAgent configurations against this database since this issue has presented? If not, that would be the next step. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, please go through the process below.

1. Find a time where you can stop printing/background processing in this database.
  2. Stop all of the TaskAgent Configuration connected to this database.
  3. Launch SQL Server Management Studio, and run the following query against the database in question:

delete from ice.systask where taskstatus='Active'

1. Start all of the TaskAgent Configurations connected to this database.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

4 Likes