Print BAQ Report with button. Almost there

Thanks JG!

I was able to get the number by importing with code the DLL that contained the ConsoleSessionID.  If anyone runs into anything similar see:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/vantage/conversations/messages/108981

Just remember you need to add the following line to your imports to manually import the dll:

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

For some reason, using the Assembly Reference Manager doesn't work when trying to import Epicor.Mfg.Lib.GetConsoleSessionID.dll... At least on my version it doesn't

Thanks again!

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

You can’t reliably generate those workstation ids. The ID in that case would be the session number of windows, my guess is this would be a term services env. Your best bet is to use the WorkstationID prop in session.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of chan213419@...
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:56 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Print BAQ Report with button. Almost there.

Good day users!  I was wondering if anyone could help me with one small issue I'm having regarding the BAQReportParam WorkStationID.  The rest of my code is working just fine, it's just I can't seem to get the WorkStationID param correct and as a result my BAQ Report is not printing from my button.

When I run a trace and print the report normally I find that the WorkStationID parameter is "TheNameOfMyMachine 9"  I need to know what the 9 is.  

I've seen many examples of how to do this across the UsersGroup, and it seems like nearly everyone hard-codes this number after Environment.MachineName i.e.:

dsPrintReport.Tables["BAQReportParam"].Rows[0]["WorkstationID"] = Environment.MachineName + " 9";

But I can't do this as the number changes, when using different logins etc.  I need some logic behind the number after the MachineName.  Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thank you all,

Chan

Good day users!  I was wondering if anyone could help me with one small issue I'm having regarding the BAQReportParam WorkStationID.  The rest of my code is working just fine, it's just I can't seem to get the WorkStationID param correct and as a result my BAQ Report is not printing from my button.

When I run a trace and print the report normally I find that the WorkStationID parameter is "TheNameOfMyMachine 9"  I need to know what the 9 is.  

I've seen many examples of how to do this across the UsersGroup, and it seems like nearly everyone hard-codes this number after Environment.MachineName i.e.:

dsPrintReport.Tables["BAQReportParam"].Rows[0]["WorkstationID"] = Environment.MachineName + " 9";

But I can't do this as the number changes, when using different logins etc.  I need some logic behind the number after the MachineName.  Can anyone tell me what it is?

Thank you all,
Chan

You can’t reliably generate those workstation ids. The ID in that case would be the session number of windows, my guess is this would be a term services env. Your best bet is to use the WorkstationID prop in session.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of chan213419@...
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 1:56 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Print BAQ Report with button. Almost there.

Thank you all,

Chan