PrdCfr / .R Question

Thanks, Brenda.  I guess not in 8.03.  But I *was* able to get this resolved by updating the path from the back-end in three tables:  PCInputs, PCVerInputs, PCDynLst

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of brenda mohr
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:46 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] PrdCfr / .R Question

Not sure how it works in V8, but in E9 under Company Configuration / Modules / All Modules / General there is a Product Configurator Rules Directory setting.

Brenda  (E9.05.702)

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:48 AM
To: Vantage Yahoo
Subject: [Vantage] PrdCfr / .R Question

Good morning…..

I’m having issues with Product Configurator after moving my Vantage 8.03.409C install to another temporary box (in the middle of a server catastrophe).

Upon clicking the “Reconfigure” button on the toolbar, I get a big nasty error thrown to the UI. 

So I see that it’s running C:\Epicor\mfgsys803\Server\PCRules\Pipe076-PW.p and within that it is referencing a path to the old server that no longer exists.  So I look in the PCRules folder and I see no file called Pipe076-PW.p.  I only see Pipe076-PW.r.  If I recall correctly, the .p file is processed at runtime?

Regardless….. I have this .r file.  What can I do / How can I open this Pipe076-PW.r file and edit the path inside?  I see it’s not simple text.

Good morning…..

I’m having issues with Product Configurator after moving my Vantage 8.03.409C install to another temporary box (in the middle of a server catastrophe).

Upon clicking the “Reconfigure” button on the toolbar, I get a big nasty error thrown to the UI. 

So I see that it’s running C:\Epicor\mfgsys803\Server\PCRules\Pipe076-PW.p and within that it is referencing a path to the old server that no longer exists.  So I look in the PCRules folder and I see no file called Pipe076-PW.p.  I only see Pipe076-PW.r.  If I recall correctly, the .p file is processed at runtime?

Regardless….. I have this .r file.  What can I do / How can I open this Pipe076-PW.r file and edit the path inside?  I see it’s not simple text.

Not sure how it works in V8, but in E9 under Company Configuration / Modules / All Modules / General there is a Product Configurator Rules Directory setting.

Brenda  (E9.05.702)

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:48 AM
To: Vantage Yahoo
Subject: [Vantage] PrdCfr / .R Question

Good morning…..