Possible to query E10 DB with ODBC?

Of course.  Use native SQL Server drivers and connect.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:53 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Possible to query E10 DB with ODBC?

We're setting up E10, and I see nothing about how to install an ODBC driver and/or connection setting on a client PC.

Is it possible to query the E10 db via ODBC? 

Or is ODBC outdated and a newer way is preferred?  If so, how to setup a client to do so. 

I just want to be able to query tables from inside Excel.  I can do this via ODBC on our current V8.03 install running on a Progress OE 10.1 db.

Calvin

We're setting up E10, and I see nothing about how to install an ODBC driver and/or connection setting on a client PC.

Or is ODBC outdated and a newer way is preferred?  If so, how to setup a client to do so. 

I just want to be able to query tables from inside Excel.  I can do this via ODBC on our current V8.03 install running on a Progress OE 10.1 db.

Calvin

Just use the regular MsSQL client driver in windows and connect from Excel that way. You can use Power BI, or custom VB code or any of the data tools in the newer versions of excel.

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CTO

Direct Phone:    920.593.8299
Office Phone:    920.437.6400 x342

http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2016 13:53
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Possible to query E10 DB with ODBC?

Calvin