Part.TypeCode Blank Title 125596

Cathy,

Thank you for your response.  I was hoping to pull from the database, but that was the answer we had come to as well.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <kflatford@...> wrote:

Thank you for the response.  I am actually looking for where the drop down text 'Manufactured Part' and 'Purchased Part' comes from.  We would like to display this text else where, but the the Part.TypeCode only contains the M or P.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

We are wanting to display the Part.TypeCode on the order line tab. I cannot find where the text options for the drop down are coming from.  Is there a table in the database that specifies the TypeCodes available or a setup in Customer?  
Currently, we are displaying just the letter code that is stored in the Part, but would like the full text of the type code displayed.

There is one more type and that is K = Kit.

As far as I know there isn’t a table where Parttype is stored to display the descriptions(like part class, product groups, etc).

You might just write code to display the 3 part types in Order Entry.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:54 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Part.TypeCode

Classifies Parts into the following...

M = Manufactured Part.

P = Purchased Part

This type code does limit referencing any part in any way. For example a type "P" can be entered on a sales order, or a type "M" can be referenced in a Purchase Order.

This field will also be used as a selection parameter in certain reports, such as Time Phase Requirements.

This is found in the data dictionary in Vantage 8.03.409C – there may be more codes in your version…The table would be Part.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kflatford@...
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:01 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Part.TypeCode

We are wanting to display the Part.TypeCode on the order line tab. I cannot find where the text options for the drop down are coming from.  Is there a table in the database that specifies the TypeCodes available or a setup in Customer?  

Currently, we are displaying just the letter code that is stored in the Part, but would like the full text of the type code displayed.

Thank you for the response.  I am actually looking for where the drop down text 'Manufactured Part' and 'Purchased Part' comes from.  We would like to display this text else where, but the the Part.TypeCode only contains the M or P.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote: