Order Total Incorrect

I am entering orders via paste insert image from an excel spreadsheet.

I have a lot of success doing this and all totals are always correct every time ( particular customer’s have their price sheet current) but sometimes while lines are copying I accidentally hit summary :angry: and it throws the order total off every time. I hate when I do this but it’s just a habit or I think it’s complete, or I do it without thinking (I usually multitask with two sessions of Epicor and go back and forth entering in two orders at a time for efficiency so you can imagine with multitasking how I may click on Summary without hesitation. I am at a lost on how to correct this without deleting the entire sales order and entering it in again. (This can be tedious if it’s over 300 lines)

Under Order Entry>Header>Order Totals
I see that the commissions total is correct while the charges/order total/net sale is all wrong. The purchase order is suppose to amount to $666.23

This is Order Entry>Summary>Summary

Hi Shelbie,

I had the same problem with our POs after upgrade (wrong totals) and I was instructed to run this Set PO total program, per screenshot. I see some fix book details and releases processes as well as order release quantity stuff. Would these maybe help? Also, have you tried unclicking ready to process, save, reclick ready to process, save?

Nancy

1 Like

This isn’t the answer to your question, but in case you didn’t know, you can have more than one instance of a menu item open in Epicor at once if you hold down the “Shift” key while opening it the second time.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this make it to where I couldn’t enter two separate purchase orders simultaneously, or cause serious lag?

I’m not entirely sure to be honest, I think it would primarily depend on how long it takes for just one PO to process for your company. I only mention it because it took me ages to find out you can open multiple menu item instances at once without having to open multiple Epicor’s and I know how confusing that can get haha

1 Like

I’m not seeing any of those options on the menu even on the manager log in :cry:

I was aware of opening two instances, but I find it easier with two epicor sessions (I’m almost positive I couldn’t simultaneously enter two within one session of Epicor.

I do my odd SO#'s on one session and even SO#'s on the other. We are wholesale so we deal with a lot of warehouses (I am doing a 100 store warehouse) where each store has their own PO but they are packed and shipped together to ONE place, being a warehouse.

So they’re not small orders, but not overly huge. We get a lot of new “stores” and those can be hefty 300-400 lines, seems I screw up on the bigger ones :laughing: . So entering orders is time consuming, even with copy and paste. It’s super nice running two sessions and usually I enter one first then start the other, by the time the first one is done, I have done copied what I needed to and ready to move on and paste, switch sessions do the same thing.

So it shaves so much time off, vs one instance doing all 100 stores in this case. :smile: Technically doing it twice as fast.

1 Like

Nancy,
I’m having my GM look into this further, could you provide me with what the tree looks like? In this case, where rebuild processes is located under?

I don’t have Rebuild Processes (or a few others on the menu screenshot) on 9.05.701. I don’t remember them being in my 9.05.702A test Epicor. I’m guessing that it’s a SQL feature (we’re Progress) or they are in the Epicor 10 menu and aren’t available for E9.

Sue

1 Like

Same here, I have BPM and BAQ within that menu it seems, but not of the others…We have 9.05.700C

Nancy,

Did the Set PO Total fix the issue? We have PO’s where the POHeader charges do not match the total of the lines.I ran the rebuild but it didn’t update the amounts for me. I have only been able to get the POHeader to recalculate if I duplicate the PO.

The screenshot has the E10 icon, so those are not options for you.

Those fields are calculated for every change you make to the order, so you would have to close the order zero the several order total fields and then re-release all releases and lines. So that is not a feasible option.

Copy Sales order does recalculate them on the new order, so you could copy and then delete the bad order.

Now, this is not related to your question, but I just did a DMT process for our order entry that does the entire order entry from a spreadsheet. It processes 12 records per minute and you would not have to pop back and forth since all of the orders can be in one spreadsheet. Or since you can multitask, you could run multiple DMT sessions. If you already own DMT then this would be quick to implement, if not the investment could be worth the efficiency.

1 Like

Where is that menu item? I don’t see it either.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m sorry it is in E10. I was so excited to get them there when we upgraded. It’s directly under system management.

John, it did fix our PO totals. Post upgrade, i cannot recall, either some or all of the POs didn’t have totals data. We were like wth? I ran the set PO totals and it fixed all of them.

Nancy

1 Like

Same here. Totals after upgrade to 10.2.100 from 10.0 and all historical totals were gone.