OpenEdge shows installing but it's not?

We are trying to install and setup our E9 environment on a server that has Server 2012R2 as the OS. Now I know 2012 is not ‘officially’ supported for E9 and OE but it has been done.

Anyways I run the setup program and everything seems to go just fine for the install, no errors or anything. When the program completes the install, I go check the file path I told it to install the files and nothing is there. Has anyone seen this before? Very bizarre how it acts like and shows that it’s installing but it doesn’t appear that it is? Any insight? Needless to say I can’t get OE to install on our 2012 server and I need to.

Thanks.

Got it figured out. This behavior seems to be tied to the bit version of the software while trying to install on server 2012. I was attempting to load the 64bit version of OE and it would show that it installed but it didn’t So I tried the 32bit version and it installed without the weirdness.

TLDR - 64bit wouldn’t install right. 32bit OE installed on server 2012 without problems.