Open menu item

Is there a way to open a menu item (i.e. dashboard, report) name without manually clicking through the tree view menu item list? I don’t want to use Favorites either and was wondering if there is a workaround to enter the dashboard or report menu item name and it opens.

If you were to upgrade to ERP 10.x, there is a built in function to do just that in what we call our modern shell.

In E905, I know that it’s technically possible to accomplish something like this through the use of Enterprise Search and a custom BAQ.

1 Like

One of my favorite and oft used features of E10.

2 Likes

The History search would work if its one of your recent open items. Doesn’t always work if it isn’t recent. I’ll see if there is another way…if there is one.

Its an Epic feature. Who needs to know where everything lives in a tree when you can type 3 letters and it automagically appears in front of you! I’d point out that it is wildcard search, it searches like *YourText* so you can get fancy and really narrow down your searches. One of my favorites that tends to make people scratch their head when they watch is “y q”, pop that in your search bar, I bet you use it often

1 Like