Number of digits field in S/N Format entry screen Vantage 8

Give Epicor a call.   They sent us a one off program to fix one of our serial numbers.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 8:00 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Number of digits field in S/N Format entry screen Vantage 8

Karen, thanks..The problem I’m seeing is that the parts already were setup with the wrong format initially and I need to change it but the “number of digits” button is greyed out and it won’t let me change it once it’s been created apparently so I was hoping there was a workaround or another way to get this done…

Mike Abell

Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office:   931.432.1853 ext 302
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:43 AM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Number of digits field in S/N Format entry screen Vantage 8

And you can find it on the Part Menu, Detail Tab, middle right side of screen (a button).  I went into test and the button is not enabled until you click on track serial numbers…Help does show that you can change the format here – and there is a box for number of digits…

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bernie Walker
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:35 AM
To: 'vantage@yahoogroups.com'

&nbs p;

Part Table:

SNBaseDataType

x

Base Number Structure

character

x(10)

D: Current setting for Data type of the Base Serial Number field to be used as new serial numbers are generated. Valid values; Character, Integer

SNFormat

x

Serial Number Base Number Format

character

x(10)

D: Current setting for Format of the Base serial number that will be used as new serial numbers are generated. Expressed in progress syntax. Ex: X(30), 99999999< /span>

SNPrefix

x

Serial Number Prefix

character

x(30)

D: Current setting for the prefix that will be a ttached to all new Serial Numbers as they are generated.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:22 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Number of digits field in S/N Format entry screen Vantage 8

Does anyone know what DB table houses the “Number of Digits” field in the Serian Number format screen in Vantage 8?  We cannot find it in the part master…..

Mike Abell

Does anyone know what DB table houses the “Number of Digits” field in the Serian Number format screen in Vantage 8?  We cannot find it in the part master…..

Mike Abell

Part Table:

SNBaseDataType

x

Base Number Structure

character

x(10)

D: Current setting for Data type of the Base Serial Number field to be used as new serial numbers are generated. Valid values; Character, Integer

SNFormat

x

character

x(10)

D: Current setting for Format of the Base serial number that will be used as new serial numbers are generated. Expressed in progress syntax. Ex: X(30), 99999999

SNPrefix

x

Serial Number Prefix

character

x(30)

D: Current setting for the prefix that will be attached to all new Serial Numbers as they are generated.

Mike Abell

And you can find it on the Part Menu, Detail Tab, middle right side of screen (a button).  I went into test and the button is not enabled until you click on track serial numbers…Help does show that you can change the format here – and there is a box for number of digits…

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bernie Walker

Part Table:

SNBaseDataType

x

Base Number Structure

character

x(10)

SNFormat

x

character

x(10)

D: Current setting for Format of the Base serial number that will be used as new serial numbers are generated. Expressed in progress syntax. Ex: X(30), 99999999< /span>

SNPrefix

x

Serial Number Prefix

character

x(30)

D: Current setting for the prefix that will be attached to all new Serial Numbers as they are generated.

Mike Abell

Karen, thanks..The problem I’m seeing is that the parts already were setup with the wrong format initially and I need to change it but the “number of digits” button is greyed out and it won’t let me change it once it’s been created apparently so I was hoping there was a workaround or another way to get this done…

Mike Abell

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 9:43 AM

&nbs p;

Part Table:

SNBaseDataType

x

Base Number Structure

character

x(10)

SNFormat

x

character

x(10)

SNPrefix

x

Serial Number Prefix

character

x(30)

D: Current setting for the prefix that will be a ttached to all new Serial Numbers as they are generated.

Mike Abell