No ChangeLog on ShipMisc table?

Our shipping guys are saying that Misc charges they’ve added to a packslip are “disappearing”. I tried to add a ChangeLog to the ShipMisc table like I have for other tables but there is no BPM option under In-Transaction

Is that by design? Is there another way to make it write to the change log?

How are the Misc codes defined? They can be set to only to used on the first, last, or every shipment. If the guys are on the 2nd or third or a partial shipment, they may not be getting added.

Mark W.

we tend to utilise a UD Table for these things, for instance we had an issue with po lines disappearing, so we wrote a BPM to record who deletes them, and what was on them. we put the type in Key 1 for instance ‘PO Lines’ or ‘Misc Ship’ so we can show the results on a different tabs of a dashboard

1 Like

Mark, great thought but we have it set to Every. However, that does make we wonder if they aren’t using the pull down to select the charge… :thinking:

I’m hearing the same thing and have been chalking it up to user error, but I think it’s happening too frequently to just be user error. Trying to identify patterns but not getting good information from users…

Were you ever able to get to the bottom of your user reports?

It was user error / poor training in our case. We’ve used @AndyGHA’s idea of using a UD table to track deletions for other issues as well.