Need help controlling auto print in Epicor

One thing you may try is in Report Data Maintenance where it dictates how many copies to print in auto print rules. Attach the value to a UD field with a 1 in it and then when its printed change the field to a 0 so when it looks again to print it sees print 0 copies.
That is the best I can come up with, without getting more complicated.
Jordan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual entity or entities named as recipient or recipients. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by electronic mail and permanently delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com/?sts=1048>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joe Rojas
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 1:47 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Need help controlling auto print in Epicor

Hello,

I'm having a hard time finding a fool proof way to control my auto print rule that is used to print a sales order acknowledgement.
Here is what I need. When the sales order is taken off of order hold, a sales order acknowledgement is printed out.
The challenge is that I want this order acknowledgement to print out one time and only one time.
My BAM, on OrderHed, is looking to see if a user define checkbox is set to TRUE. This UD checkbox is set to true in a BPM when the Order Hold checkbox is set to false.

The problem is, a BAM does not care if the value was just changed or if it was previously changed. All it asks is if the rule evaluates to true.
This means that any change to OrderHed, for this record, will send out another sales order acknowledgement.
I tried making another BPM so that if a change is made to the order, from Order Entry, it would clear this UD field so that the BAM will not auto print a second time.
This, in theory, works but the problem is that not all changes to OrderHed come from Sales Order Entry or through the Sales Order BO. For example, when a shipment is marked as shipped, it closes that associated sales order, which then sends another order acknowledgement.

I've taken another step to control this by capturing the date the order was taken off of order hold and then adding a rule to the BAM to say if that date equals today. This elevates some of the issues but if a sales order is taken off of hold and shipped on the same day then two order acknowledgements go out.
I've thought about a data directive but data directives do not trigger BAM because they fire after the BAM.

I can't seem to come up with a bullet proof approach to controlling this and I'm hoping someone might have an idea.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hello,

I’m having a hard time finding a fool proof way to control my auto print rule that is used to print a sales order acknowledgement.

Here is what I need. When the sales order is taken off of order hold, a sales order acknowledgement is printed out.

The challenge is that I want this order acknowledgement to print out one time and only one time.

My BAM, on OrderHed, is looking to see if a user define checkbox is set to TRUE. This UD checkbox is set to true in a BPM when the Order Hold checkbox is set to false.

The problem is, a BAM does not care if the value was just changed or if it was previously changed. All it asks is if the rule evaluates to true.

This means that any change to OrderHed, for this record, will send out another sales order acknowledgement.

I tried making another BPM so that if a change is made to the order, from Order Entry, it would clear this UD field so that the BAM will not auto print a second time.

This, in theory, works but the problem is that not all changes to OrderHed come from Sales Order Entry or through the Sales Order BO. For example, when a shipment is marked as shipped, it closes that associated sales order, which then sends another order acknowledgement.

I’ve taken another step to control this by capturing the date the order was taken off of order hold and then adding a rule to the BAM to say if that date equals today. This elevates some of the issues but if a sales order is taken off of hold and shipped on the same day then two order acknowledgements go out.

I’ve thought about a data directive but data directives do not trigger BAM because they fire after the BAM.

I can’t seem to come up with a bullet proof approach to controlling this and I’m hoping someone might have an idea.