Named Search Blank Title 124555

The Updatable BAQ idea worked!

I have added the Updatable BAQ to the Files under BAQ's and it's called NamedSearchUpdatable.

You will probably need to update the criteria's UserID after importing and go to the Update options and Regenerate the BPM for your system.

Then here is what I did to correct the problem:

On the Analyze tab click 'Get List'

Double click on the row that needs to be updated.

I unchecked AutoExecute and AutoSelect and clicked OK

Then click on the Update button and say ok to the warning.

Then login as that user, open the program and click on search, go into the named search and corrected the search criteria.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/vantage/files/BAQs

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <rbird@...> wrote:

I am having the same problem.  What happened is that the user enabled the Auto Select Single Record and they set the Rows to return to 1, so it will always auto select.  Now, this was the intent, however the search criteria that was set on this named search was entered incorrectly so it's always pulling up the wrong data, so we just need to correct it.  If as the administrator I could just delete the named search we could correct the criteria search and be on our way.

Anyone else come across this before and could offer a solution.

I'm gonna attempt an updatable BAQ next.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <bshannah1@...> wrote:

Hello Bob,

When the Search comes up, can you still click on the Named Search Button?
If so, then it will list all the named searches and you will be able to highlight it and delete it (or edit, modify, etc.)

Belinda

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM, <gabe.lebron@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>I have a user that created a Named Search .. only I dont know what he did but it opens and closes in half a second.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I cant find where to delete the named search if cant get it to stay open.&nbsp; Is there somewhere esle i can <var></var>delete it. I already tried deleteing all his personalization</p>

</div>

<div style="color:rgb(255,255,255);min-height:0px;"></div>

--
Belinda Hannah, CPIM
Dayton, Ohio

I have a user that created a Named Search .. only I dont know what he did but it opens and closes in half a second.    I cant find where to delete the named search if cant get it to stay open.  Is there somewhere esle i can delete it. I already tried deleteing all his personalization

Try modifying the Options for that screen (Tools | Options).  On the General Tab, in the 'As The Form Opens' section, see if one of the 'Auto' options is selected and set it to 'No Action'.

Bob Beaghan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <gabe.lebron@...> wrote:

I have a user that created a Named Search .. only I dont know what he did but it opens and closes in half a second.    I cant find where to delete the named search if cant get it to stay open.  Is there somewhere esle i can delete it. I already tried deleteing all his personalization

no that is already set to no action.   its when he hits the button I belive he hit auto execte only i dont know how to turn it off

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <robert.beaghan@...> wrote:

Try modifying the Options for that screen (Tools | Options).  On the General Tab, in the 'As The Form Opens' section, see if one of the 'Auto' options is selected and set it to 'No Action'.

Bob Beaghan

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <gabe.lebron@...> wrote:

Hello Bob,
Â
If so, then it will list all the named searches and you will be able to highlight it and delete it (or edit, modify, etc.)
Â
Belinda

Â
<div>

<p><p>I have a user that created a Named Search .. only I dont know what he did but it opens and closes in half a second.    I cant find where to delete the named search if cant get it to stay open.  Is there somewhere esle i can <var></var>delete it. I already tried deleteing all his personalization</p>

</div>

--
Belinda Hannah, CPIM
Dayton, Ohio

I am having the same problem.  What happened is that the user enabled the Auto Select Single Record and they set the Rows to return to 1, so it will always auto select.  Now, this was the intent, however the search criteria that was set on this named search was entered incorrectly so it's always pulling up the wrong data, so we just need to correct it.  If as the administrator I could just delete the named search we could correct the criteria search and be on our way.

Anyone else come across this before and could offer a solution.

I'm gonna attempt an updatable BAQ next.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <bshannah1@...> wrote:

Hello Bob,

Belinda

<div>

<p>I have a user that created a Named Search .. only I dont know what he did but it opens and closes in half a second.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I cant find where to delete the named search if cant get it to stay open.&nbsp; Is there somewhere esle i can <var></var>delete it. I already tried deleteing all his personalization</p>

</div>

--
Belinda Hannah, CPIM
Dayton, Ohio