Modify tree view in Method Tracker to display part descriptions

I’m trying to modify the tree view in Method Tracker to display short descriptions next to the part number. It’s obvious that Epicor doesn’t want tree modifications here because there is no “Tree Options” item in Method Tracker. I was going to start toying with the code that Jose Gomez provided in “Is it possible to make a custom tree view? - #7 by tonid - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum”, but I’m not sure how to grab the control reference of the tree view. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You can access a native control via:
var myNativeControl = (ControlType)csm.GetNativeControlReference(EpiGuid);

Where ControlType is the type of control and EpiGuid is the value of the control’s EpiGuid property.

You can find both of these values in the Customization Tools Dialog by selecting the control and finding (Type) and (EpiGuid) in the Properties tab.

I hadn’t noticed I could click the expand arrow next to TreeViewPanel to click the methodTree item. Thanks.

Wondering if you had success working with the TreeView on the Method Tracker form?

I just started looking and the first thing I noticed…
a new GUID is being assigned to the MethodTree as the form loads.
hmmmn…
I vaguely remember encountering this problem with GetNativeControlReference on some other form/control.

Thanks to the users/topics referenced below:

At least now I am able to pull the EpiGuid for the method trackers tree control.
i.e. figuring out the specific control AND type… before getting the EpiGuid.
string sTreeType = control4.GetType().ToString();
MessageBox.Show("methodTree type: " + sTreeType);
Ice.Lib.Framework.JobLib.MethodTree t1 = (Ice.Lib.Framework.JobLib.MethodTree)control4;
string sGUID = t1.EpiGuid;
MessageBox.Show("methodTree EpiGuid: " + sGUID);

TBD what modifications I can actually make to the treeview from this point.

1 Like