Min/Max usage

I am searching for documentation on usage to know if Min/Max works with any other aspects of Vantage 8 if MRP is not used in the environment.

We do not currently have any Min/Max setup, and we do not use MRP, but will a Min/Max be worth setting up without MRP? Will it trigger anything anywhere else if Min/Max is setup, or would it just be a waste of time setting all those numbers on the parts because it’s not used outside of MRP?

It will not trigger anything without MRP and/or PO Suggestions.

However, I had a similar situation where the company wanted to use Min/Max to manage inventory levels but did not want to use MRP so I created a Min/Max dashboard that helped them know what to buy or make based on these values.

I do believe your company uses PO suggestions so these values would drive buy suggestions.

Joe Rojas

Epicor Application Manager

Nordson MEDICAL

+1.508.597.1392 **Phone
**+1.774.826.9245 Mobile

Min/Max… documentation
Have you considered setting Min/Max for a just few parts to verify that the settings would do what you want?
i.e. setup each part type and verify any process you’re interested in. Manufactured & Purchased types, Generating PO Suggestions, Time Phase, etc…

That’s the plan in a test environment, I am just trying to find some documentation to make sure I don’t miss something that is required when doing so.

miss something
If you are Generating PO suggestions for purchase parts, I think you’ll find Min is pretty straightforward. After generating PO suggestions I might check Time Phase too.

One thing I remember buyers not liking about a Min demand was how the Due Date would be specified on the PO suggestion. i.e. Due Date = today instead of calculating a Due Date based on the parts leadtime or its other planning settings.

It depends on the scenario.

If the PO suggestion is due to not currently having the required inventory then due date should be today…right?

If the PO suggestion is due to a future requirement, then the due date should be the required date and the suggestion to place the PO should be required date minus lead time.

Joe Rojas

Epicor Application Manager

Nordson MEDICAL

+1.508.597.1392 **Phone
**+1.774.826.9245 Mobile

1 Like

Yes, that is the argument for doing it that way.

Buyer complaints were about the extra checking for any immediate demand (beside the Min.) to warrant special handling to bring the qty in.
Since to them, the PO suggestion is considered late when it is created.