Microsoft JVM / Vantage 6.10.543 / Windows 7

Chuck, I don’t even know how you loaded Vantage 6 on a 64 Bit machine. I could not get it to install here on Win 7 or 8 - 64 Bit.

Â

Dave

Â

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of charles.shrader@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:46 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Microsoft JVM / Vantage 6.10.543 / Windows 7

Â

Â

Good Morning!

Â

We have a few implementations of Vantage 6 on some Windows 7 32 and 64-Bit machines here at my workplace. Everything seems to run fine in Vantage (including Crystal Reports, both canned and custom) with the exception of 'Progress Explorer' which obstinately requires the archaic Microsoft JVM that has compatability issues with Windows 7. This is a utility rarely used here from a workstation - when it is used, we just run it on the Windows 2003 server where our Vantage system resides.

Â

Other than Progress Explorer, does anyone know of any other issues that the lack of a Microsoft JVM will cause for Vantage 6 client users?

Â

Thanks,

Chuck Shrader

American Magnetics

Â

Good Morning!

We have a few implementations of Vantage 6 on some Windows 7 32 and 64-Bit machines here at my workplace.  Everything seems to run fine in Vantage (including Crystal Reports, both canned and custom) with the exception of 'Progress Explorer' which obstinately requires the archaic Microsoft JVM that has compatability issues with Windows 7.  This is a utility rarely used here from a workstation - when it is used, we just run it on the Windows 2003 server where our Vantage system resides.

Other than Progress Explorer, does anyone know of any other issues that the lack of a Microsoft JVM will cause for Vantage 6 client users?

Thanks,

Chuck Shrader

American Magnetics