MES Subprocess customization

I would suggest you check the yahoo group for topic 120739 or get answerbook 10990ESC.
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/vantage/conversations/topics/120739
It says it is built for 9.04 which may be closer to 8.03 because it’s significantly different than 9.05.
Just a point, you have to attach the customization to the sub process not to the main process/first window that appears.

Jordan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual entity or entities named as recipient or recipients. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by electronic mail and permanently delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com/?sts=1048>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of afeuerstein@...
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 12:07 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] MES Subprocess customization

Thanks Jordan. I am on 8.03 so it might be a little different. I have done a similar step, but the error message I get in MES is that the menu I created is not valid from MES menu. Thanks again.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>, <vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>> wrote:
I run 9.05.702 and I had to do a customization on start production activity entry. To get the customization applied:

1. Menu Maintenance>Select “Processes” in the tree view.

2. Go to the “New” drop down and select “New Menu”

3. Give the New Menu item created a unique Menu ID (remember this it’s needed in the second module you enter), Name, security code (make sure its one your users can access takes some searching)

a. In the “Program” area select “Non Menu Item” from the top dropdown, then in the field next to the program button enter the .dll you are applying the customization to. In my case it was Epicor.Mfg.UI.StartProductionActivityEntry.dll

b. Then in the “Customization” drop down select your customization and save the.

4. Now you will enter the “Process Calling Maintenance” window found under System Management>Utilities.

a. Create a new “Process Calling Maintenance”

b. In the “Called Process Reference” field enter the file name of the dll you entered in “Menu Maintenance” minus the .dll part e.g.(Epicor.Mfg.UI.StartProductionActivityEntry)

c. Leave “Called From” blank.

d. In the “Menu ID” drop down select the menu id you created in “Menu Maintenance” and then save and it should be applied now.

Jordan

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this electronic message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual entity or entities named as recipient or recipients. If the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by electronic mail and permanently delete this message from your computer system. Thank you.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of afeuerstein@...<mailto:afeuerstein@...>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2013 9:38 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] MES Subprocess customization

We are so close but we can not figure out what we are missing trying to launch a customization on MES. We are able to get the front page of MES to customize. We are trying to customize the end activity screen and we can't seem to get it to launch. I can see my customization on my custom MES, but not on the launched one. We set up a sub process and a process calling using the end activity dll but we are hitting roadblocks.

Any suggestions on making an MES subprocess customization work?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We are so close but we can not figure out what we are missing trying to launch a customization on MES.  We are able to get the front page of MES to customize.  We are trying to customize the end activity screen and we can't seem to get it to launch.  I can see my customization on my custom MES, but not on the launched one.  We set up a sub process and a process calling using the end activity dll but we are hitting roadblocks.

I run 9.05.702 and I had to do a customization on start production activity entry. To get the customization applied:

3. Give the New Menu item created a unique Menu ID (remember this it’s needed in the second module you enter), Name, security code (make sure its one your users can access takes some searching)

a. In the “Program” area select “Non Menu Item” from the top dropdown, then in the field next to the program button enter the .dll you are applying the customization to. In my case it was Epicor.Mfg.UI.StartProductionActivityEntry.dll

b. Then in the “Customization” drop down select your customization and save the.

4. Now you will enter the “Process Calling Maintenance” window found under System Management>Utilities.

b. In the “Called Process Reference” field enter the file name of the dll you entered in “Menu Maintenance” minus the .dll part e.g.(Epicor.Mfg.UI.StartProductionActivityEntry)

d. In the “Menu ID” drop down select the menu id you created in “Menu Maintenance” and then save and it should be applied now.

Jordan

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of afeuerstein@...

We are so close but we can not figure out what we are missing trying to launch a customization on MES. We are able to get the front page of MES to customize. We are trying to customize the end activity screen and we can't seem to get it to launch. I can see my customization on my custom MES, but not on the launched one. We set up a sub process and a process calling using the end activity dll but we are hitting roadblocks.

Thanks Jordan.  I am on 8.03 so it might be a little different.  I have done a similar step, but the error message I get in MES is that the menu I created is not valid from MES menu. Thanks again.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Jordan