MES issue - asking for password for non-password User ID

I see similar behavior except what I don’t see is what your final sentence indicates “After that happens, then all Employee IDs ask for a password.” I can see that it would be a real pain if it asked for a password for all employee ID’s. I find it odd that you must enter the windows login information - I get an Epicor login popup where we enter our generic Epicor MES user name and password that we share with the employees (one Epicor User name for each terminal). Then it is back to “normal”. We are on 9.05.702A. I’d be happy to compare setting with you.

Mike

Mike Barlett
Project Manager
Elsner Engineering Works, Inc.
475 Fame Avenue
Hanover, Pennsylvania 17331
U.S.A.

Tel: +1.717.637.5991
Fax: 717-633-7100
Email: mbarlett@...<mailto:mbarlett@...>
Web: www.elsnereng.com

[cid:image1474b5.PNG@f63483f2.4b82207e]

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and accompanying documents contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic mail transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or the facsimile number shown above to arrange for return of the original documents to us. Thank you.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of matt.holmes@...
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 4:23 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] MES issue - asking for password for non-password User ID

The Employee IDs that are not associated with a username are not supposed to ask for a password. In fact, they don't ask for a password until after an Employee associated with a username logs in. After that happens, then all Employee IDs ask for a password.

Frustrated. Matt

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

I submitted the below bug to Epicor just over 1 month ago.  Someone called about 1 week later and asked if I could give more details.  I shared my computer screen (WebEx) with the support person.  The session was recorded on Epicor’s end.  I walked through each steps and showed the incorrect Epicor 9 behavior, which I have outlined below.  The support person said they understood the issue and saw the incorrect behavior.

1) Start Epicor 9 MES

2) Enter username and password credentials.

3) Select Log In. Enter Employee ID of Employee without password.  Example, enter Employee ID AAAAA

4) Log out that Employee ID.

5) Select Log In.  Enter Employee ID of Employee with password.  Example, enter Employee ID BBBBB

6) Log out that employee.

7) Log in again with the Employee ID without a password.  Example, enter Employee ID AAAAA.  The problem occurs here.  Epicor now asks for a password when it should not.  It did not ask for a password in step 3. Why would it ask for a password for the same user in step 7?  To be clear, it is asking for the username and password of the Windows account logged onto the computer. 

Today I receive a response from Epicor that the system is working by design. 

Am I missing something?  Is this incorrect behavior, or do I have something set up incorrectly?  It worked fine in Vantage 8.  It seems messed up in Epicor 9.

Thanks,

Matt

I am unsure on your current setup but please review your Employee Setup either use a generic Username against your employees or disassociate the username from the employee.

Supervisors you would want to have a different user for.

Hope that helps

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of matt.holmes@...
Sent: 16 October 2013 23:41
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] MES issue - asking for password for non-password User ID

I submitted the below bug to Epicor just over 1 month ago.  Someone called about 1 week later and asked if I could give more details.  I shared my computer screen (WebEx) with the support person.  The session was recorded on Epicor’s end.  I walked through each steps and showed the incorrect Epicor 9 behavior, which I have outlined below.  The support person said they understood the issue and saw the incorrect behavior.

1) Start Epicor 9 MES

2) Enter username and password credentials.

3) Select Log In. Enter Employee ID of Employee without password.  Example, enter Employee ID AAAAA

4) Log out that Employee ID.

5) Select Log In.  Enter Employee ID of Employee with password.  Example, enter Employee ID BBBBB

6) Log out that employee.

7) Log in again with the Employee ID without a password.  Example, enter Employee ID AAAAA.  The problem occurs here.  Epicor now asks for a password when it should not.  It did not ask for a password in step 3. Why would it ask for a password for the same user in step 7?  To be clear, it is asking for the username and password of the Windows account logged onto the computer. 

Today I receive a response from Epicor that the system is working by design. 

Am I missing something?  Is this incorrect behavior, or do I have something set up incorrectly?  It worked fine in Vantage 8.  It seems messed up in Epicor 9.

Thanks,

Matt

The Employee IDs that are not associated with a username are not supposed to ask for a password.  In fact, they don't ask for a password until after an Employee associated with a username logs in.  After that happens, then all Employee IDs ask for a password.

Frustrated.  Matt