Being fairly new to Epicor, I am asked to make some minor modification of the MES screen by hiding/moving some fields around. Managed to get into developer mode by adding -MESC to the target section of the icon properties. Once I made my modification, I saved the customized program.
I need to deploy this out and followed the Sub Program Deployment walkthrough, but doesn’t seem to be correct. I also searched and found the steps below but seems to be an older version? I am on Epicor 10.2.
Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the default mfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
- Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
- In the Tree View highlight PROCESSES .
- Select File --> New --> New Menu
- Menu ID must be unique and start with “UD”
- Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
- Select a security group that fits the people that will be using MES.
- Provide an order sequence number which positions MES in the menu.
- Now select “Non Menu Item” from the Program Type dropdown.
- Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
- Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
- Save the new Sub Process Menu.
- Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
- Select File --> New
- Called Process Reference is “Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes”.
- Leave Call From blank.
- Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to menu in step 2.
- Save the new Process Calling record.
- Logout of Epicor 9.
- Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
- Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
- On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
- Enter the unique ID that you gave to the Menu in step2.
- Click Save and then close the application.
HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
Can someone provide me some link, documents, or tutorial on deploying this out to my users?