Menu Maintenance "Actions" grayed out

I have customized the menu in the past, but today when I went to Menu Maintenance to add a new menu item, to my surprise the “Actions” menu is grayed out. The “New Menu” options is also grayed out, both under the “New” Icon, and under the File -> New Menu.

I have all available permissions in User Account Maintenance and am a member of all the right groups. To my knowledge nothing has changed, so I am not sure why suddenly I am unable to add menu items when I was able to just a few days ago.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Going to ask the obvious, but have you cleared your client cache with the “Use Extreme Prejudice” method? (AKA Log out of Epicor and delete your temp client folder through explorer)

I did try to clear the client cache and restart the client, but I didn’t know about the temp client folder. Where is it located? I don’t see anything that looks like a temp folder under my client directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Epicor\Client).

Also there is no folder:
C:\ProgramData\

nor

C:\Users\myuserid\ (Strangely enough!)

Its a hidden folder you will have to go to Start → Run (or hold down the Windows Key and Press R)
Then just key it in. (Assuming you tried to look for it via Explorer)

Oh, whoops! I manually entered in the AppData folder (looks like in my attempt to fix the backslashes that part got removed) but I somehow didn’t do that for ProgramData.

I would say just login into Epicor find the Purge Personalizations Screen and Purge your Personalization(s) you might have one set for Menu Maintenance

1 Like

I agree with Haso…I’ve had similar issues where users use the Report defaults…Got me the first time.

I removed everything that looked menu related in personalizations purge, but Actions and friends are still grayed out.

Have you tried doing using Menu Maintenance from another client on another PC?

It’s grayed out on another PC.

You sure someone didnt actually make the Menu Maintenance Menu Readonly? via Menu Maintenance

The “Read Only” checkbox is not checked for the “Menu Maintenance” entry in “Menu Maintenance” that is being invoked to bring up Menu Maintenance.

All I have left to give you is

For the record, I contacted Epicor Support for the issue of all Menu Maintenance fields being grayed out. They had me ‘reset the database’ with a SeedCS task (described in 17348MPS), but that did not resolve my Menu Maintenance issue. Only other suggestion was to re-migrate the 9.05 database again. I ended up doing just that, since I am in testing phase and have a few more migrations planned before I go live anyway. Now my Menu Maintenance screen does allow all fields to be changed. They did not have any real explanation for how it could have happened or how to prevent it from happening again.

Which sounds a bit scary

ewwww

Is it grayed out under another user like “manager” ?

2 Likes

@hkeric.wci that is exactly what I was about to ask. Have you verified your user account is “security manager” assigned?