Manufacturing Lead Time

Curious if anybody knows why Move and Queue Time is not considered in the Manufacturing Lead Time Calculation. Is adding dummy operations with zero cost production time the only way to overcome this? Or to just manually set the darn thing with our own calculation (We paid Epicor to use the Process, I hate not using it or using work arounds to get an accurate number).

1 Like

We don’t use Move and Queue Time (as of yet), but I remember testing it before our implementation phase. If I recall correctly, it DID affect MRP calculations when creating jobs. I’m sorry I don’t have any more info to give, but I totally feel you about being sold the moon only to realize you have to provide your own transportation to get there :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if it’s relevant, but have you ran Manufacturing Lead Time Calculation program under Prod Mgmt > Engineering > General Ops?

Yes, but it always comes up way short.

For example, we know some parts will need to sit 3-4 days(with no labor activity) before an assembly operation can be started but when we run the process, it gives us a 1 day Lead Time. When the job is scheduled, the Start Date and Due Date are 5 days apart, yet the process calculates 1 day.

You can set up “Sit” time in your last operations resource group, see Move Time.

Mark W.

Unfortunately the Manufacturing Lead Time Calculation Process doesn’t pick up that sit time. I’m curious if anybody actually uses that process. It kind of sounds like a no.

I’ve ran into this annoyance as well and have had to use complex BAQ’s to determine the proper mfg lead time and use the Manual Lead Time instead.

I’ve created an Epicor Idea that anyone can vote up if they are looking for Move Time & Queue Time options to include them in the Mfg Lead Time Calculation:

Add Site Options to Include Move Time & Queue | Epicor Kinetic Ideas (aha.io)