Make Object explorer easier to use

The object explorer is a huge pain. You can’t resize the tree on the side so you easily get lost, and it’s incredibly hard to find things, even when you know what you are looking for (for example, I just want to see GetByID in the PartAdapter. I can’t find it.)

Can we get some other ways for searches? Can we get a window where we can see what we are looking at?

You won’t find method names in Object Explorer. For this, use BL Tester. It’s on the server, in the E10.1.600 directory under Utilities.

It allows you to test business logic, and shows the parameters required for each method.

1 Like

Ok, so I did the work to get connected on the BL tester, but I don’t see anything relating to adapters. I’m assuming that the BL tester doesn’t have anything to do with adapters?

If you open up a contract such as Erp.Contract.BO.Part.dll, what you’ll see is a list of the available methods. The adapter is a wrapper for the contract, so the same methods will be available. The key difference as I understand it is that the adapter holds a dataset - in an adapter if you do a GetByID, that data is available to you to modify and use in the next call.

1 Like