Looking for companies using MES and utillizing a 3rd party software for payroll

Is there anyone out there utilizing MES as well as a 3rd party software? If so, could you supply me with answers to the following?

Could you find the answer to this question?

If we use a third party system for time and attendance and payroll…can we still use MES for direct labor capture?
Does MES require an employee to have an attendance “in” transaction prior to entering any production time?

In this case the attendance-in trans would be done in the third party app.
Does MES need one too?

Thank you for any help!
Carol

If we use a third party system for time and attendance and payroll…can we still use MES for direct labor capture?

Yes

Does MES require an employee to have an attendance “in” transaction prior to entering any production time?

Yes

In this case the attendance-in trans would be done in the third party app.

Does MES need one too?

Yes

1 Like

Everything Greg said is spot on. We used MES to track labor and Kronos for payroll. Worked fine.

Kimberley,

We may be asked to start using Kronos in the future (Corporate standard). We also us MES today. Do you have any integration between the 2 or do your users double “clock in”.

Thanks

Yes, they did. We had an older version of Kronos. I think there is a new Web version that will allow users to clock in and out at desk but that was coming in when I was leaving.

We had a 2 central located Kronos Clocks so the employees clock in and out easily. We also had a touch screen with Epicor so Indirect to clock on right away. Most employees did both there. Once they got to there work station s they could clock on Epicor there and/or start jobs too. It was the supervisors responsibility to watch the down time between clock times. They got a Punch Detail Report in the AM of their employees to review the previous days time and adjust if needed.