Loading AP Invoices with DMT

I think you can manually enter them, but to bring them in automatically, it looks for and un-invoiced receipt. If it’s coming in through the UI normally, I don’t know what else to check for.

Sorry, that’s the limits of my knowledge on the accounting side.

I assume you’re trying to add a new invoice and not update an existing one. Do you get the error with just the “Add New” box checked in DMT?

Maybe try adding APInvDtl#InvoiceNum to your data.

Hmm some progress. Looks like Creating the Header, using AP Invoice Receipt to bring in the details from receipt and then updating the AP Detail Record with the new invoice amount seems to work.

Its quite a step process and not as ideal as I would have hoped. Now for the tax…

I’m having similar issues loading AP Invoices via DMT. We used the AP Invoice Combined template in E9 to do it, but now the same template won’t set the GL Account we need on the invoice line. I’ve tried manipulating the template to set fields in APInvExp as well as APInvExpTGLC, which is how we originally set GLAccount, and using both data sources to no avail. Has anyone had ANY success doing this in E10.2? I’ve attached a test file we’re trying to load as well.
APInvCombinedTest.csv (2.1 KB)

I have had some success with the Misc invoices in 10.2, still struggling with the inventory receipts.
Here is my working Misc Invoice template. It’s the combined template.AP Invoice Combined.xlsx (10.5 KB)

Mark, we got the issue resolved with the newest update to DMT(4.0.42.0). There was a bug in DMT that prevented update of the GLAccount at the same time as creating
an AP Invoice, however it’s supposed to be fixed. Thanks to all on the DMT development team for their hard work and quick response, especially Gary Parfrey!

I downloaded the 4.0.42.0 and My GL account still will not create the correct account. I have attached the template I am using. Any chance I could get some feed back on the template?
Thanks,
Lisa Meeks
New AP Comb Inv WI with changed GL.csv (1.3 KB)

Lisa, I’ve attached our template we use to create AP Invoice batches. In our case, we don’t need to specify a GL Account as we attached a GL Account to our Vendor
entries, so it’s using those as a default when creating the invoice.

APInvCombinedExample.csv (449 Bytes)

what process are you using to upload this via the DMT?
we have DMT Version 1.0.4.3 for 8.03.409. we don’t have a menu on DMT to update AP records only “Financial” --> “Open AP Load”

Darren, I managed to get the Misc lines importing just fine but am still having issues with the receipts. Would you by chance remember which fields you used for AP Invoice Receipt and AP Detail record to make this work? I get an internal server error with the combined template and on the Invoice Receipt I can run it without errors but it doesn’t look like anything is happening?

Hi Mark

Try this one. It worked for us

Send sample ReceiptLines.xlsx (8.9 KB)

Thanks Darren, this template is doing the same thing. While poking through the trace log I noticed that it’s not passing ‘SelectLine’ to the business object correctly so I opened a help desk ticket. I don’t know which version you’re on but I wonder if it’s broken at this time.

Hi Mark

Did you try using bit format for that field (0/1) instead of the True/False

Thanks Darren but it did not help, last week it was elevated to a problem PRB0213286

This section of DMT is a hot mess, misc invoice line GL mapping on version 4.0.43.0 did not work, I had to revert to 4.0.42.0. Today I tried the brand new 4.0.44.0 and the misc invoice issue is fixed but this line type R issue still remains.

I’m having the same problem also. I’m able to upload and create my AP invoice with line and job details, but not able to add a material to the job. Were you able to resolve this issue?

Hi Roger. No, I wasn’t. If I remember correctly I reported this to Epicor and they told me that in this version that action didn’t work and that I needed to update DMT to the newest version. I did but to be honest I didn’t do the exercise again. Hope this helps!

Hi How to Map GL Account to the Invoice Line . I tried but getting Error as Invalid Distribution Amount

Mark,

Did you ever find a resolution for this by chance? We are trying to import invoices from Concur using DMT that have POs and Receipts being matched up. The combined process does not work for this due to a system pop up that comes up when you manually do this in Epicor according to support on the DMT side of Epicor. We were attempting to do it individually by creating the Header first and then the Receipt record with the “AP Invoice Receipt” process in DMT as mentioned further up by DarrenNavi, but we are also getting a generic system error like you described. We don’t have any issues using the combined process to import invoices that don’t have POs/receipts associated with them, but are struggling trying to implement for the invoices that have PO and receipt references.

Sorry Matt but we have tabled that project for now. I am hoping to get back to it as some newer versions have come out since.

Okay, thank you for the reply. I’ll reply to this post if we figure anything out with it on our end.