Launch a dashboard from a button

I usually start w/ making the button & using the wizard to create the event.  Then throw in code depending on what I want. 

Call a Form:

private void xOpenMemo_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs args)

{

ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans, "SHIPMEMO");

}

Trigger a BPM:

Private Sub epiButtonC1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As System.EventArgs)

Try

Dim objUD05 As New Epicor.Mfg.BO.UD05(MainController.Session.ConnectionPool)

Dim UD05ds As New Epicor.Mfg.BO.UD05Dataset

Dim output As string

UD05ds = objUD05.getByID("Reports","","","","")

IF UD05ds.UD05.Rows(0)("Checkbox03") = True THEN

UD05ds.UD05.Rows(0)("Checkbox03") = FALSE

ELSE IF UD05ds.UD05.Rows(0)("Checkbox03") = FALSE THEN

UD05ds.UD05.Rows(0)("Checkbox03") = True

END IF

objUD05.Update(UD05ds)

Catch ex AS exception

Messagebox.show(ex.tostring)

End Try

End Sub

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ryan@...
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:36 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Launch a dashboard from a button

Good morning... Epicor 9.05.702

How might one go about launching a dashboard (or perhaps other things) from a custom button slapped on Quote Entry and Sales Order Entry?  (This may answer another question regarding putting buttons on dashboard trackers)

I imagine it's a C# modification, but is it possible to to do this with the wizard tools or can someone supply a brief code snippet of what I'd need?

Also a step-by-step something like:

1.  Create button on screen...

2.  Then...

3.  Then..

4.  It works!

:)

Thanks again,

Ryan M.

How might one go about launching a dashboard (or perhaps other things) from a custom button slapped on Quote Entry and Sales Order Entry?  (This may answer another question regarding putting buttons on dashboard trackers)

I imagine it's a C# modification, but is it possible to to do this with the wizard tools or can someone supply a brief code snippet of what I'd need?

2.  Then...

3.  Then..

4.  It works!

Thanks again,

Ryan M.

We are on 9.05.700C and have added buttons to launch reports. I am not the one to tell you how to do that in detail though. One other similar alternative that we have done that might work for this also is adding the dashboard to the screen you want. For instance we have a dashboard that shows masterpacks by order, then on order tracker we have added this dashboard to the screen using the sheet wizard customization tool. This wizard also allows a UI subscribe option so that when you type an order into the tracker the dashboard will pull that order up also. This minimizes right clicking or button pushing.

Some else with real programming knowledge will need to help with your original question. Hope this helps.

Brad Boes
Metalworks
---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <ryan@...> wrote:

2.  Then...

3.  Then..

4.  It works!

Thanks again,

Ryan M.