Jobs status by Order#

So, trying to find something and not sure if it exists or I need to make it, or if I can even make it.

I am looking for a report, tracker or dashboard that would allow me to see all open/closed jobs related to a specific order.

Right now, we are apparently setting up an order with one line with a new part number and then putting in all the actual individual parts in the description, because this creates one job number xxxxx instead of when each line is put in and it creates xxxxx-1, xxxxx-2, etc jobs and there is supposedly no visibility for the job status of those as a group related to the order.

I hope that makes some sense?

The xxxx in “one job number xxxxx” isn’t the OrderNumber?

So you have request for 3 different finished items, and you open an order for one line item. The “part number” for that one item then generates a job (using the the next sequential job number), with 3 assemblies (one for each of the 3 finished items)?

Or does the job have just one level with the parts for all 3 different finished items lumped together?

In the Sales Order Tracker > Releases > Job tab you should be able to see all linked jobs to this release. As for the entire order as a whole you will probably want to create a dashboard with parameters for that one.

I also reviewed this in my E10 Sales Order tracker not 8.

Right now: Or does the job have just one level with the parts for all 3 different finished items lumped together?

Which is not the right way to be doing it, unless I am crazy.

I am a little fuzzy on all the exact details at the moment as to why this was done, I am still learning things around here.

From what I am told, the problem came up that there was trouble with visibility of being able to look at all the job statuses for all jobs for an order, because each individual job # needed to be looked up individually instead of getting a birds eye view break down of the status of each job related to an order.

So basically, I am looking for an easy way to see all jobs related to an order as a group.

Also, this is Vantage 8.03.410, getting ready to implement 10.2 where hopefully this goes away with a few other issues with new processes.

Hi Ned,

If the job is make to order, then the job demand will link it to the sales order and you can view this in Order Tracker as well as through a BAQ using JobProd to connect JobHead to OrderHed/OrderDtl/OrderRel.

If the only link is that the job number resembles the order number then you could develop a BAQ that attempts to link them.

Joe Rojas

Epicor Application Manager

Nordson MEDICAL

+1.508.597.1392 **Phone
**+1.774.826.9245 Mobile

Only if your people change the way they do things.

If you know how to make a BAQ and dashboard or report, you can easily find Jobs that are linked to orders by querying the JobProd table.

The jobs starting with 2171189 were originally to be “make to order”, but ship from a differnt site, so the were converted to “make to stock” that’s why their OrderNum is 0

1 Like