Is there a way to setup 9/80s work schedule on Epicor?

Payroll should be processed weekly so the work week should be 40 for both weeks; the plan is work 9 hrs Mon-Thur, and then alternate one Friday off and one Friday working 8 hrs, with 4 hrs assigned to the completed week and 4 to the coming week with the Friday off.

The area of concern is all happening on the same Friday. From the worker’s perspective it is a normal 8 hr day, but we need the system to have 4 hours going to the first week and 4 hours going to the second week.
Example:
Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri Sat/Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri
Week 1 9hr 9hr 9hr 9hr 4hr (08:00-12:00) OFF =40hr

Week 2 4hr (13:00-17:00) OFF 9hr 9hr 9hr 9hr OFF =40hr

The purpose of this is to create two weeks of 40 hrs, while having every other Friday be an off day.

Does anyone have any experience with a work schedule that has one week ending and then the next week starting on the same day? Or experience splitting time worked on one day into two work periods?

2 Likes

Is this more of a payroll issue, or production/scheduling issue?

mm I think both…
I need to setup the production calendar that way… so when I run the payroll it shows 40 hours per week… instead of 44 hours week 1 and 36 hours week 2.

Meanwhile in a software development office somewhere in Minnesota…
KmqR

2 Likes

Only thing I can think of to accomplish this would be to create a production calendar for your Odd weeks and then on the Resource & Employee enter exceptions for the even weeks (it can be done by hr). Lots of manual data entry… there’s no DMT for Employee or Resource exceptions that I know of…
Probably could build out a BPM that would automatically generate the Exception records for all the entities that use the calendars by calling the Method that creates the exceptions… now what trigger to use… without firing all the time… lots of options, not sure which is best.
MRP, POSugg, a month end function… say setting the earliest apply date for a company would trigger the generation of all exception records for a certain amount of months into the future or something, enough so the schedule has something to work with.
Not sure if there is really any Payroll impact, not sure I understand that bit.
Well, it’s kinda late and I was thinking over this and looked into a few things and thought I’d just share my blather if for nothing else but to inspire more ideas…

1 Like

Hmm. I wonder if you could trick it by setting the start of the week to Saturday and then use Time Zone trickery to have the day start at noon. Now every Friday is split between the two weeks…

:thinking:

1 Like

There has to be some legal implications to doing this. Do they get paid overtime? Or is this basically salary?

If the hours they work are set, just have them enter 40 hours a week in T&E and call it good. If they do get overtime, do they get 4 hours on the 44 hour weeks?

Mark,
That occurred to me as well, but I couldn’t find the setting to save my life, so I thought perhaps that was no longer an option.
Where is this setting now?

Looks like Site config

FWIW - We use multi site, but are unable to set the timezone - it is grayed out.

The help says that Time Zone Offset in Site Config is now disabled, and to use the Time Zone drop down on Site Maint.

Here are mine…

and

The opposite of what the help says.

Mark,
Sorry, I didn’t mean the TimeZone setting, but the ProdCal.BeginWeekday.
It’s still in the Data Dictionary and every calendar still has a value of ‘1’ which is Sunday.
But I don’t see it in the UI, not sure it’s used anymore or if changing the value actually does anything.

1 Like

We need to calculate overtime… for the 44 hours week… 4 hours need to go to the second week (which is of 36 hours) so both can have 40 hours… everything else above those 80 hours is overtime.

mm… Ill try that… thanks!

So they only get paid overtime based on over 80 hours? And every other week? weird.

1 Like

correct… and correct

You couldn’t convince them to do a 2 week pay period? That would make everything simpler.

As Brandon suggestion… it would have a cost savings impact… every direct deposit has a cost, you would save half of the cost if generating the pay every two weeks. As well the time spent by the clerk responsible to generate the pay would also be reduced.

But if this is not possible could you differ the hours on another pay?

The week 1 is worked 44 hours, week 2 at 36. On the pay of week 44, couldnt you withdraw the 4 hours into a bucket to be used on the pay of week 36?

In our company, the production workers are not paid during the christmas time. (we are closed) What is done is a portion of their pay is withdrawn into a “christmas bucket” so that when that time comes, a full pay can be given. (kind of we save the money for them instead of letting them do it themselves…kind of making sure they do not spend it all before !!! )
Anyhow, I would think that could be done for your purpose, having a “week2 bucket” where on the pay stub it would say:
44 hours at xx$/h

Deduction:
amount of the 4 hours into week2 bucket.

Then on the stub of week 2 would say
36 hours at xx$/h
4 hours from week2 bucket.

Anyway, our payroll system supports that, not sure yours does, but it would be an easy way to solve I think.

Pierre

We solved it by letting ADP handle it. It’s really just a reporting issue on the Epicor side AS LONG AS we can “end” the payroll week Friday at noon AND force everyone to physically clock out (not just log out, but clock out) on Friday at noon… neither of which has a process in place nor were they willing to plan.