Is Avalara part of Epicor?

I was under the impression that Avalra was part of Epicor (maybe I’m thinking of the company that previously made the DMT utility).

Anywho … Still having timeout issues with tax connect, and Epicor and Avalar keep saying that we need to get info from the other one. The last request from Avalara was:

Can you please provide the following:

• The logging( not the calls being made) from your side that exhibits the failed calls being made to Avatax?
  • The time frame of the failed calls

Also it appears that your Timeout is 300 ms and we are at about 457 ms at this time. So if we respond to your request at 301 ms, you’ve stopped listening for a response.

<RequestTimeOut>300</RequestTimeOut>

Can you Increase this timeout and then see if the issues persist?

We had previously sent them the XML files that are created when using TaxConnect with Debug mode enabled. I think that is what Avalara is referring to as the “calls being made”.

And the E10 help says that Timeout value is: A) in seconds not, ms, and B) the time a connection must be idle before being dropped, not the time to stop waiting for a reply.

We’re coming up on a week now of not being able process AR invoices

Calvin - we don’t use Avalara yet, but I am 99.99% sure there is no corporate ownership involved. They are an API based tax service that Epicor has partnered with and embedded the appropriate API calls into their code.

We are going to be talking to them soon, so I’m interested in your situation/plight and solutions.

And FYI - DotNetIT is the company out of the UK that made DMT that was purchased by Epicor. One or two of them are still around here… :wink:

Okay. I was confusing DotNet’s acquistion with Avalara.

But other than this current issue, Avalara has been great. Been using it for probably 6+ years now. Started on V8, and it seemlessly came with us to E10.

Avalara is an Epicor partner, not part of Epicor. Within Epicor the system sends a web call to Avalara’s web service to retrieve tax information. If you are seeing timeouts you can adjust them within the Epicor web services however you will need to know where these are located within the IIS app. Epicor tech support should be able to point you to the correct config entry.

You also may want to take a look at your internet connection speed and saturation. Also the servers access to the internet should be prioritized with a routing rule on your firewall

I think this is the advice we’ve been looking for.

The connectivity has been intermittenet. Here’s a full description of what we’ve seen and tried so far