Inventory Transfer

So in the Inventory Transfer there is the FromBinNum field. If a user manually inputs this field, it will be saved exactly as typed since it is case-insensitive. Because of this, it’s causing some confusion when people are going and grabbing parts from bins, as 03l01 looks like there’s a letter I in it when the correct bin is 03L01. Here’s what it looks like:

I want to make it so that the user can keep entering a bin number without worrying about case sensitivity, but then change the value to the correct case once the bin is found. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, where is that FromBinNum value being stored?

Thanks for the help

I haven’t tested it, but you should be able to make a leave event (use the customization wizard) then set the string to all upper case using

YourString = YourString.ToUpper();

The FromBinNum value is in the PartTran history.

You can use a BeforeField change event.

case "FromBinNum":
args.ProposedValue = args.ProposedValue.ToString().ToUpper();
break;
1 Like

what he said. :wink:

For the record, your’s would work equally as well

This is in the search field though. You still would upper it? How do you trap the return object before it is displayed.

If he manually enters it.

Edit, but you are right, his screen shot is of a search screen… Is the bin number entered incorrectly in bin entry? :thinking:

I was assuming he was talking about here.

If it’s showing up the search like that, then the original bin number when it was created is the one causing the problems.

If you’re going about it using a screen customisation, then you can also force that textbox to be UPPER as the user types:

EpiTextBox txtBinNum = ((EpiTextBox)csm.GetNativeControlReference("46567b2e-6bc0-4967-be35-a0ec6843838f")); // You need to swap this GUID for the correct one from properties of the Bin Num text box

txtBinNum.CharacterCasing = CharacterCasing.Upper;

Im with @markdamen

// The CharacterCasing property of this TextBox is set to 
// "Upper" which causes all manually typed characters to 
// be converted to upper case.
myTextBox.CharacterCasing = CharacterCasing.Upper; 

@hkeric.wci it was probably one of your examples where I first saw this and used it in my customisations! So, THANK YOU :raised_hands: