Interesting 10.2.300 Performance Issue

Tied to Software Change Request ERPS-104047 targeted to be addressed in 10.2.300.7 (available December 19th).

Link to KB article created with more context and a couple of workarounds, already discussed in this thread.
KB0043813

1 Like

The KB article reads that the hosts file has to be updated on each client computer, whereas @danbedwards workaround is to just update the serverā€™s hosts fileā€¦ is the server workaround all that is needed and not addressing each client computer?

I had to update the hosts file on each client computer that does not have internet access (all our floor MES computers). Just modifying the server hosts file wasnā€™t enough.

Fix is coming in 300.8 (1/16). Now the video check is done asynchronously which should solve the issue (even when no internet access is available), but just in case someone is able to determine that there is still even a micro delay (challenge issued), then there is a new sysconfig option to turn the feature off entirely ().

5 Likes

xml formatting ate the sysconfig description (so mentally add xml brackets to -> EnableVideoHelp value=ā€œTrue/Falseā€

3 Likes

We have been live with 10.2.300.5 since the new year and things have been running well until today. Getting the hanging even on machines with internet connections. Pinging edge.api.brightcove.com results in a timeout. Guess the site must be down. I guess I will have to update the hosts file on every machine in our environment.

This just started happening here too, site must have just went down.

Rather than modifying the hosts files, we are adding a dns entry to route this

Update: This fixed our issue, if users donā€™t immediately notice the fix run ipconfig /flushdns on their machine

1 Like

@tkoch thatā€™s a good idea. I only have 20 or so clients so it was easy to update via admin share. Now that peeps are not screaming, I can implement a cleaner solution.

1 Like

Thanks again @danbedwards for figuring this one out

2 Likes