Insights newbie

Mine was the Timex Sinclair 2068, with the weird cartridge. You still connected a tape player for most games though.

1 Like

For those keeping score at home …

1975 - MOS 6502
1976 - Zilog Z80, and TMS9900 (the cpu in my first computer, a TI-99/4A)

Lucky you you had a big keyboard to interface with… All we had was a small kb with Ato F and numeric… programming each line one by one… had to redo all over if one mistake was made… on Z80 processor…

lots of fun…

Pierre

2 Likes

Ya’ll are all nerds… just my type :smiley:

1 Like

I honestly don’t recall if we had the full keyboard or the hex-pad. It was the first AIM65 pict I found. But I do recall some of the stations having thermal printers on them.

You’d think a school like Drexel University could do more with my $5,200 a year tuition. (Yes that’s $5,200, and not the $42,000 it is now :slight_smile: )

I feel so young, my first experience was a Apple ][e but my school also has a TI-99/4A with a book on teaching BASIC. Note, we didn’t have the fancy color monitors, just green screens.

2 Likes

For me it was 1982 writing a keyboard debouncer, saved on an 8" Floppy. (160K)

I used 8" floppies at my first co-op. An IMSAI 8080 (like the one in the movie War Games)
(circa 1986)

1 Like

Me on the right in 1982. Pretty close to what Chris posted…

1 Like

Sweet concert 3/4 tee

1 Like

I was -2 in 1982…

1 Like

Z80 and the 6502 I was all over.

1 Like

Stack overflow?

1 Like

My father was a Radio Shack dealer back in the 80’s does that count?..eww yeah I have TRS80 MC-10 still in box kicking around home too :smile:

1 Like

I’m right there with you Calvin. Been a lot of posts here I have got value out of.

I had a TRS-80 with a cassette drive and a 9 pin Gorilla Banana Dot matrix printer. It was my graduation gift from my father:>)

4 Likes

Got a CRT80a around here too…I always wanted an acoustic coupler so I could be like Matthew Broderick…how sad.

2 Likes

You guys are all young whipper snappers. Although I’m in finance, I punched 80 column cards and handed the stack to the operator.

Today is my birthday. The Beatles wrote a song about how old I am today…… :wink:

…Tim

3 Likes

65? …15th? What a coincidence. Happy Birthday. Only every used the pencil type on the only Apple IIe at our high school.

You don’t look a Date older than 32 bits…Happy Birthday Prudence!

1 Like