Insights 2019

Tell us more…

1 Like

Can’t… #NDA #Settlement

6 Likes

@Chris_Conn What happened? Heard your room was reported for running a Chainsaw all night? #SnoreLikeTheresNoTomorrow

Can’t Complain Atleast I Won this Battle! Mainly the #SQLToolbeltEssentials I am excited for! Finally SQL Studio doesn’t suck anymore!

1 Like

@hkeric.wci - sorry you cant’ make it, was looking forward to meeting you as well.
And kudos on the Redgate win - Love that Redgate toolset.

@knash - Bourbon brother! You and me brother :wink: We’ll have the largest tab for that top-shelf goodness.

3 Likes

Hey, for all of you that are going to be at insights (and I count 37 so far!) head of over to the meet and greet thread and let us know if you are coming or not. @knash needs a count to start making plans!!

2 Likes

<overt_self_promotion>

As of last Friday, there are still a few seats remaining (we’re 80% filled right now) in the extended education course I’m leading titled “Troubleshooting Techniques for ERP System Administrators”. I’ve been working on this session for the better part of six weeks (hence my inactivity here :frowning: )so if you are in a position of having to support your end-users with an on-premise deployment OR a cloud-based deployment of ERP and you feel that you could benefit from a four hour bootcamp on how to do so, come join me :slight_smile: Those that attend can expect it to jam-packed with information with how to triage Epicor ERP issues and how you can learn to be more effective and efficient in the process. Plus, I got pre-approval from @Staci_Stahr_Cummings that there can be a tasteful/appropriate number of rubber duck images throughout if you needed more convincing so come see how I am going to do that!

Also, a reminder that one of our very own site admins (@josecgomez) is presenting “Working with Epicor Data Using the Epicor REST API”–there are just a handful of open seats left to that Extended Education class as well, and you absolutely do not want to miss out if you are looking into (or are already) utilizing REST into your business processes. Even if you think you know enough about the topic or consider yourself an expert, I have never left a session he has been involved with where I didn’t learn something new that made my day job easier/better.

</overt_self_promotion>

Now back to working on my Insights presentation :slight_smile:

8 Likes

These are going to be great sessions!!! Come check out @aidacra Nathan’s sessions and put in your bet on the number of rubber duckies you’ll see!

2 Likes

And I’ll be lab rat (e.g. Heckling) in both Nathan and Jose’s sessions.

3 Likes

the stakes are that much higher now :face_with_raised_eyebrow: My objective is to have everyone learn at least one thing new in any session/presentation I give (even the happy helpers), but you’re one of my go-to know it alls when I’m stumped! (I mean that in the good sense).

Game on I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know how learning challenged I am…I might sign up just to see you sweat :grin:

4 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

It’s just not fair! I’m going to miss it all.

Lobbying heavily for next year though!

@Staci_Stahr_Cummings is 2020 going to be somewhere other than Vegas? Do we have any advance content/Agenda of Insights Australia?

1 Like

Most likely will not be Vegas (we usually flip flop sides of the US), but we haven’t been notified where yet. Insights Australia agenda planning hasn’t started yet (we gotta get through this one first :slight_smile: )

Bring it back to Orlando! Universal was AWESOME!

7 Likes

I pointed the class out to our new IT Manger of our Mexico plant.

^- This

2 Likes

You can review the offered Classes at https://epicorinsights2019.smarteventscloud.com/connect/search.ww#loadSearch-searchPhrase=&searchType=session&tc=0&sortBy=&p=&i(67825)=&i(67828)=

Customization to the Max - Short Sessions

Hey All -

I hope to see many of you at Insights 2019 - be sure to look me up in the Hall of Solutions.

I will also be presenting the “Customization to the Max Client” and “Customization to the Max Server” short sessions. This year at Insights each of those sessions is repeated each day of the conference - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. While the presentation title is the same for each day, each presentation will actually be somewhat different so if you can fit them in to your schedules, you will receive a different presentation each session.

The Client sessions will have more of an overlap so attending all three will not be that beneficial - the Tuesday and Thursday sessions will be more similar to each other so if you can work it out, try to attend the Tuesday / Wednesday sessions or the Wednesday / Thursday sessions.

The Wednesday and Thursday Server sessions will also have more of an overlap. The Tuesday session is based on the EUG Webinar presentation I did in January - recorded and available in the library section of that site if you are an EUG member. The sessions on Wednesday and Thursday will include a discussion on Updateable BAQs with a specific example of Price List and how the default processing via UpdateExt works but is slow and how it is pretty easy to do your own update processing via the BPM methods available on a UBAQ. If you can work it into your schedule, attend the Tuesday session and either the Wednesday or Thursday sessions.

I will also be presenting a session on the SSRS Reporting Technology - that session will be presented twice but unlike the C2Max sessions, it will be the same presentation each time.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vegas!

5 Likes

Thank you for the heads-up; going to look it up!

PS: Love the dropdown :smiley:

@aidacra did you make it to Vegas?

I arrived this afternoon! The weather is much nicer than back home in Minnesota–we were hit with a snow storm this week so glad to be someplace warm :slight_smile:

4 Likes