Insights 2019, Who's not going and wish they were :)

@tmat
Thanks They’re the stories we love to hear.

Enjoy your journey.

1 Like

@Hally was at Insights last night, via Skype. :wink:

2 Likes

I attended via Twitter lol - following the Hashtag everywhere it went…

https://twitter.com/hasokeric

3 Likes

@tmat - I’m in the same boat as you (well almost). We’re a small company - only had 8 user licenses when were were on Vista 8 (not even Vantage). We’re up to 15 users now (even though there re only about 10 that use it regularly). So when you say a “small” company, how big are you talking?

I did the conversion from Vista 4 to Vista 8 back in 2007, and did a fresh install of E10 in 2016. The fresh install was with the idea of only porting the required data from V8 into E10 via DMT. We were going to clean up the core tables (Part, Customer, BOM, etc…) and start E10 on the right foot (we had been on Vista 4 since 1997).

If I could give any advice, it would be to really, really, really make sure you understand the UOM system, and that part UOMs are setup properly.

3 Likes

Our licensing is for 22 users. My ‘new’ boss is the project/it/erp manager as I only work part time and he has done E10 upgrades and implementations before. I was part of the original Vantage implementation in 2007 which is when I started being introduced to BAQ’s and customisations, etc. We are also going the fresh install route and so far it seems UOM’s and Finance have the biggest changes for the users but I am just starting to get to grips with SSRS!