In-Transaction Data Directive Issue

Hi All,

I’m currently working on a data directive to stop users from changing due dates in Project Tasks if the current time is within 30 days of the due date already in the system. I wrote an ‘In-Transaction’ data directive in which I try to check the date stored in the database, not the ttDueDate, as this would be the original due date before the change was made. The issue I’m having is that the Db.ProjectTask is returning the same date as ttProjectTask.

Within30 = false;
TEST = "";
foreach(var ttProjectT_iterator in (from ttProjectT_Row in ttProjectTask
					where ttProjectT_Row.Updated()
					select ttProjectT_Row) )
{
	var ttProjectTRow = ttProjectT_iterator;

var ProjT = (from ttProjectT_Row in Db.ProjectTask
					where ttProjectT_Row.ProjectID == ttProjectTRow.ProjectID && ttProjectT_Row.TaskID == "010-INFD"
					select ttProjectT_Row).FirstOrDefault();

TEST += "DB: " + ProjT.DueDate.ToString();
	TEST += "TT: " + ttProjectTRow.DueDate.ToString();

DateTime origDue = (DateTime)ProjT.DueDate;
	if((origDue - DateTime.Now).TotalDays <= 30)
		Within30 = true;

}

I thought that in-transaction data directives ran before the database was updated? At least it looks this way in all the Epicor documentation on BPMs. If not, is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Basically, I am looking for a way to see the before/after of data in a BPM - I know that ‘tt’ tables give you the after of the change.

You could use either use event viewer or a message box in BPM and add table/field values to it that you want to see. Or just use Method Directive - pre processing instead

1 Like

I say use trace to find the BO and use a pre-process method directive.