How to use Command Line for Data Model Regeneration

I think our documentation could use a bit more clarification and working on getting it updated now. For someone who is trying to use the CLI for data model regen and running into challenges, I’ve created an article that should help in the short term: Command Line Interface for Data Model Regeneration

6 Likes

100 points to Gryffindor! erm… Nathan I mean… :slight_smile: thanks bud!
Split / moved this to Experts corner and Linked Back.

On a COMPLETELY tangential note, one of the guys I’m working with went to school (many moons ago) at the facility now and forever known around the world as Hogwarts… but is actually a real school.

1 Like

Because I like necroposting, and because this was problematic for me. Do you need to have any additional installs (like SDK)?

Error Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\Users\cconn\AppData\Local\Temp\Epicor\DataModelGenerator\Source\Server\Db\Erp.Data.910100\ErpContext.Generated.cs’.

1 Like

Not sure what version you’re working on there, but the Command Line Reference guide shows a program on the server that is installed in a location like:

[drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Epicor Software\Database Manager Extensions[ICE Version]\DataModelGenerator

And instructions on how to create a configuration file.

Indeed, the documentation isnt great - surprise. According to Nates very detailed doc, it would have been using the exe in the client folder, but as you suggest (and Jose put me on to), the key is using the extension found in the directory you mention. Thanks for the response!