How to lock out all other users except the security manager

Anyone knows how to lock out all other users except the security manager(s) or a specific user? Thanks.

I have a BAQ of all active users that creates a DMT load file that flips the Disabled Flag. You’ll want to save that file to reactivate people!

Use the admin console and select all except manager and deactivate.

As @Mark_Wonsil pointed out, how will you know which users to then re-activate?

Export list when using the admin console. Might be a bit tedious if you have a bunch of disabled users

2 Likes

Thank you all. Is there any other way to lock out users. I really don’t want to disable/deactivate any users.

You could use Service Security and block access to BO.Userfile for everyone except the users you want in. I think you might want to recycle the app pool after doing this to end current sessions so this will work.The user would get an error that the userfile access is denied when they login.

Thanks, Dan.

the most basic way…

1. Load all the users in User entry
  2. Got to the tab list
  3. reorder the columns to be UserID, then Active
  4. Click on the UserID column to sort by this order
  5. Export to Excel
  6. Delete all columns except the first 2 (UserID and Active)
  7. Copy this sheet t a new one (the original will be used to restore the user back to their original status)
  8. In the copied sheet, set all the users Active column to False - except you security user.
  9. Copy and Paste Update this back into the User form

When you need to restore the original active status, copy the rows from the first sheet, and Paste Update them.

Note the “Active” field might actually be named “Disabled” if so, set that column to in step 8 to TRUE

Thanks. Where is the User entry? It is the User Account Security Maintenance?

neither of those are in that grid (active, or disabled). At least I don’t see them in there, or in the fields available to expose through personalization.

edit
I found it, it’s captioned “account disabled.” field name “userdisabled”. And by default it’s hidden.

Whoops, I almost always personalize most list tabs.