How to become a consultant, can you get certified as a non partner?

sorry for this ridicule question expert guys,

what certificate/courses i need to get to consider myself a CONSULTANT?:):nerd_face:

It’s a job title… Anyone can be a consultant. Now if you want to be certified you need to become and epicor partner and take the exams

1 Like

Are there any Epicor exam that you can take without being a partner? Similar to what MSFT does with MCSE/MCITP/MCTS etc?

I don’t know if they do customer education certification (they might) your CAM should know

There is Epicor university, which has lots of curriculum to learn stuff.

I don’t know if they have any certificate that goes with completing the course or anything.

That’s brings up a really interesting conundrum, for a user secure in his/her job, just learning what you need is good enough, for a user looking to pad his/her resume, a certificate would be useful. Should epicor offer those tests/certificates? And would employers be willing to pay for them? :thinking:

1 Like

Like this?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In my opinion, I think that both employers and prospective consultants would be willing to pay for them, though there’s probably a cost benefit / risk analysis on breeding competitors for your professional services team and your partners.

1 Like

I think it comes down to this.

Unfortunately, I don’t think most employers are at that level.

4 Likes

Hi - no, unfortunately the certification tracks are only available to partners and employees.