Help using Phantom Packs to get multiple labels

We would like to ship a single line on a pack slip for a quantity of 100. We will be packing those 100 parts in 2 boxes one box has 60 parts and the second box has 40 parts.

We would like to print 2 labels (one for each box) and show the quantity packed in the box i.e. 60 and 40.

I thought I could do this with Phantom Pack - however, I cant seem to make that screen active. I closed the PackSlip but I cant figure out how to enable the Phantom Pack screen.

Am I going about this the wrong way? is there some other mechanism I should be using.

thanks for any help on this seemingly simple request.

DaveO

Dave,

The pack has to be closed before the phantom options are available.

Mr. Bryan: I did close the Pack - but I still cannot get the Phantom screen to enable.

Is there a licensing issue? do I need to be attached to an Epicor “Workstation”? do I need to have Manifest Licensed?

DaveO

I was going to ask about the config.

Definitely need to connected to a workstation. Do they use Manifest?

Mr. Bryan: No they do NOT have Manifest
DaveO

I can’t say it won’t work, but I’ve never tried to use phantoms without Manifest and a connected workstation.

Wouldn’t this be even easier with a second release?

Mr. Monty: Interesting - so are you saying create two separate Pack Slip Lines?
DaveO

Yes, a packer line references O/L/R order, line and release.

Mr. Monty: Are you suggesting that our SHIPPING people go into the Sales Order to Add Releases just for the purpose of printing a pack slip label?

DaveO

Ah, not the best solution if the inside sales folks were unaware of the pack-out situation. You want a solution that properly documents the packing and overpacking, not just for making a label but for recording how the goods went out. So maybe an additional sales release is not appropriate here. Thanks, …Monty.

Could you do two pack slips ? One for 40 and another for the remaining “backorder” of 60 ? It is a bit overkill but should work.

In our company, we introduced the notion of packages since the beginning. (each part has #units, weight and volume per package) This change needed gazillions of customizations but was worth it. I wished Epicor introduce such notion in a future release !

Did this get resolved, im having the same issue whereby my Phantom Pack options are greyed out?

Mr. Robert: Make sure you are logged into an “Epicor Workstation”.

Create an Epicor Workstation and configure it with a dummy URL for the QuickShip link. (Assuming you do not have quick ship).

Make sure you “Close” the pack slip and then you should be able to configure the phantom pack.

DaveO

@DaveOlender How do you configure the phantom pack to be able to print off multiple labels for their corresponding packages? I’ve added a few cases in our test environment, but upon printing, I still get only one label.

Mr. John: I have only done this once a while back.

Join CartonTrkDtl table to ShipHead to get the phantom lines.

However, the phantom lines split up the weight - but not the quantities (aaaaaarg!).

The last time i did this i added a UD field to the CartonTrkDtl table to hold the quantities for each box. however it requires adding logic to make sure the Qty’s in the Phantom match the Qty’s in the Pack slip and i never got back to that part so it is mostly unused.

Sorry this is a half answer. I really do not know how to print separate labels for separate boxes in Epicor.
Someone else may have a soltion.

You are entering the details under Manifest and no where else? We can print as many labels as we want this shipment. However, they do no designate what is in each box.

Perfect, thank you. Works a treat :slight_smile: