Help in adding Table to Report Data Definition

We had that same thought Marco.  The process we think of is the line person will non-conform it, a quality inspector will put it to DMR, and then the quality manager will make the final disposition.  Quite often the quality manager will decide to use as is, yet we're getting a PO suggestion as soon as the material is non-conformed.  We filed an enhancement request with Epicor on this and it is approved for Epicor 10 (SCR99970 on call #1488496PSC if you want to open a call and attach to it).

As a workaround you could probably do what we did since you're on Epicor 9.  We created a data directive on POSugDtl that flags a UD checkbox if there is an open Non Conformance or an open DMR using just the company and part.  Then in the New PO Suggestion screen we bound that to an epiShape and set the condition to error if checkbox01 = true.  Now purchasing sees the red "Open NonConf" shape and knows to research it further.  We also added that checkbox to the material grid and set the background red if true - that way if they just buy off the grid they will see it as well.  Their process is to do a right-click on the part number and go to part transaction history.  That will show them who did the non-conformance/DMR and they can follow up from there.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <mvissuet@...> wrote:

Thanks Miguel and Charlie for the info.

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Pacific Contours Corporation

Cell (619)507-2311

Anaheim Office (714) 693-1260

San Diego Office (619)670-3900

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...

http://www.pacificcontours.com/

"The information contained herein may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Warning: - This document contains data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751, et seq.) as amended, or the Export Administration Act (Title 50, U.S.C., App 2401 et seq.) as amended. Violations of these export laws are subject to severe criminal and civil penalties.  Disseminate in accordance with provisions of DoD Directive 5230.25.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miguel Santillan
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:19 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Inventory to DMR

That depends how quickly you need things turned around.

If the Part goes into DMR Processing, it is potentially bad.  If you dont disposition the part until next Friday, then you lost a whole week of purchase time.  If your group is on top of things and process DMR everyday, then  your inventory would be more accurate.

High cost parts vs low cost parts also matter. I dont care if they order a $1 part but I do care about a $500 with no returns.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marco Vissuet
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:49 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Inventory to DMR

On Epicor 9.05.606

IF a part is in inventory, and it gets moved to DMR, why does Epicor create a purchasing suggestion… even though the parts have not been rejected on the DMR yet?

If the parts end up being good, then we have a potential for an Epicor driven over purchase.

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Cell (619)507-2311

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...

"The information contained herein may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Warning: - This document contains data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751, et seq.) as amended, or the Export Administration Act (Title 50, U.S.C., App 2401 et seq.) as amended. Violations of these export laws are subject to severe criminal and civil penalties.  Disseminate in accordance with provisions of DoD Directive 5230.25.

Epicor 9.04.507a
I am trying to add PartRev to Epicor's RDD BOMListingRpt. The problem is Epicor currently has PartRev in the RDD but it is linked to the parent item. I want to add a version / alias of PartRev linking it to each material. When I try to add PartRev, I get a message that says the table must by unique. Any ideas on how to get the RDD to have PartRev info for each material?

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  I am running into a similar issue. 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Epicor 9.04.507a
I am trying to add PartRev to Epicor's RDD BOMListingRpt. The problem is Epicor currently has PartRev in the RDD but it is linked to the parent item. I want to add a version / alias of PartRev linking it to each material. When I try to add PartRev, I get a message that says the table must by unique. Any ideas on how to get the RDD to have PartRev info for each material?

On Epicor 9.05.606

IF a part is in inventory, and it gets moved to DMR, why does Epicor create a purchasing suggestion… even though the parts have not been rejected on the DMR yet?

If the parts end up being good, then we have a potential for an Epicor driven over purchase.

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Cell (619)507-2311

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...

If the Part goes into DMR Processing, it is potentially bad.  If you dont disposition the part until next Friday, then you lost a whole week of purchase time.  If your group is on top of things and process DMR everyday, then  your inventory would be more accurate.

High cost parts vs low cost parts also matter. I dont care if they order a $1 part but I do care about a $500 with no returns.

Miguel A. Santillan

510-661-6666  Office

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marco Vissuet

On Epicor 9.05.606

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Cell (619)507-2311

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...

Thanks Miguel and Charlie for the info.

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Cell (619)507-2311

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Miguel Santillan
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:19 PM
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Inventory to DMR

Miguel A. Santillan

510-661-6666  Office

On Epicor 9.05.606

Marco Vissuet

Systems Engineer

Cell (619)507-2311

Fax (714) 693-1252

mvissuet@...