Hand Held help Blank Title 125909

(system) #1

That's what I was afraid of... Thanks for your help sir! 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

You cannot move anything around in the Hand Held menu without reflection. You can customize anything to your hearts content but its staying put.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, <chan213419@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>Thanks Jose,</p><p><br></p><p style="font-style:normal;font-size:12.800000190734863px;background-color:transparent;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;">Ya I came across that while researching this. &nbsp;I&#39;m starting to believe it&#39;s more trouble than it&#39;s worth. &nbsp;What about customizing an existing .dll that has been designated as a HandHeld (HH) screen? &nbsp;Then I could try to attempt manipulating an existing hand held screen to do what I want it to do. &nbsp;Something tells me I might run into the same issue though when setting it up through menu maintenance.... &nbsp;What do you think?&nbsp;</p>

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jose@...> wrote:

No the hand held menu is hard coded into the DLL. You'll need to use reflection to inject a new menu item into it.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM, <chan213419@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>Hello,</p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it. &nbsp;Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users?&nbsp;</div>

Thanks,
Chan
</div>

<div style="color:#fff;"></div>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

(system) #2
Hello,

Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it.  Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users? 

Thanks,
Chan

(system) #3
No the hand held menu is hard coded into the DLL. You'll need to use reflection to inject a new menu item into it.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Â
<div>

<p>Hello,</p><p></p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it.  Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users? </div>

Thanks,
Chan

</div>

(system) #4

Thanks Jose,

Ya I came across that while researching this.  I'm starting to believe it's more trouble than it's worth.  What about customizing an existing .dll that has been designated as a HandHeld (HH) screen?  Then I could try to attempt manipulating an existing hand held screen to do what I want it to do.  Something tells me I might run into the same issue though when setting it up through menu maintenance....  What do you think? 

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

<div>

<p>Hello,</p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it. &nbsp;Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users?&nbsp;</div>

Thanks,
Chan
</div>

(system) #5
You cannot move anything around in the Hand Held menu without reflection. You can customize anything to your hearts content but its staying put.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, <chan213419@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>Thanks Jose,</p><p><br></p><p style="font-style:normal;font-size:12.800000190734863px;background-color:transparent;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;">Ya I came across that while researching this.  I&#39;m starting to believe it&#39;s more trouble than it&#39;s worth.  What about customizing an existing .dll that has been designated as a HandHeld (HH) screen?  Then I could try to attempt manipulating an existing hand held screen to do what I want it to do.  Something tells me I might run into the same issue though when setting it up through menu maintenance....  What do you think? </p>

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Â

Â
<div>

<p>Hello,</p><div><br></div><div>Lets say I create a HandHeld application by using one of the UD programs and slapping a customization on it.  Will simply adding this application, using Menu Maintenance, to the Handheld section in the Menu tree make it available to the users? </div>

Thanks,
Chan
</div>

<div style="color:#fff;"></div>

</div>